Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Model Railroading > Best Shows and Finding Obscure Brass

Date: 12/15/14 08:40
Best Shows and Finding Obscure Brass
Author: sharris

I was curious what you all thought were some of the best shows in the country for finding a large selection of HO Overland brass.

I'm looking for some obscure stuff like an Alaska 4300-series SD70MAC and an Alaska Point St. Charles caboose and I'm not having any luck at small shows, as you might guess.

Any tips on larger shows where I might find some stuff like this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
SH

Date: 12/15/14 12:58
Re: Best Shows and Finding Obscure Brass
Author: march_hare

Even the biggest shows (Springfield Big E, for example) have lost most of their brass dealers. Ebay has the market alomst to itself.

Date: 12/15/14 13:25
Author: Kemacprr

The Timonium Scale shows will have a new Brass Expo section starting with the 2015 shows. Howard Zane the original owner of the Great Scale Train shows in Timonium MD will run that portion of the show I believe. Howard usually has a large selection of brass at the shows. Check the web site for more info. --- Ken

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/14 16:24 by Kemacprr.

Date: 12/15/14 14:52
Author: wabash2800

The last I checked Caboose Hobbies had a large selection of consignment brass, but the prices were a bit high. Yes, just about anything shows up on ebay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/14 19:03 by wabash2800.

Date: 12/15/14 15:29
Author: sphauler

Try brasstrains.com. There inventory always changes.

Posted from Android

Date: 12/15/14 20:06
Author: steeplecab

Contact Brian Marsh at Overland Models. http://www.overlandmodels.com/ Brian sells a lot of used consignment brass and if he knows you're looking for something he might be able to hook you up. I seem to recall him having some Alaska stuff not too long ago. No idea what he has now.

Date: 12/16/14 10:01
Author: sharris

Thanks to all for the tips. I'll email OMI and I'm fortunately close to the Timonium show so I'll check it out.

SH

Date: 12/17/14 07:40
Author: BAB

wabash2800 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The last I checked Caboose Hobbies had a large
> selection of consignment brass, but the prices
> were a bit high. Yes, just about anything shows up
> on ebay.

Depends on what you mean by high as there prices are in line with the manufactures as most is new. Ebay is the reason most hobby shops are now gone the internet did them in. If you want used at cheeper prices then Ebay is the place also is about the only place anymore. Most of the lesser expensive brass on there is also old not newer somewhat better detailed and running.

Date: 12/17/14 09:40
Author: wabash2800

BAB:

I was referring to the older brass. $500-600 for a Halmark Wabash 4-8-2? They can be found for $300. But, to be honest, I haven't looked for a while, so prices may have changed at CH.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/14 09:43 by wabash2800.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0391 seconds