Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Model Railroading > Quickie ? Atlas Silver DC board to NCE DASR ?

Date: 12/17/14 04:04
Quickie ? Atlas Silver DC board to NCE DASR ?
Author: calsubd

Should work right ?

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 12/17/14 04:51
Re: Quickie ? Atlas Silver DC board to NCE DASR ?
Author: RGDave

It depends on which era of 'Silver' board you are dealing with. Which model # are you looking to convert?

FWIW many of the Silver series all have NMRA-standard 8-pin plugs, where the NCE DP-5 would be a very simple plug & play solution.

~RGDave

Date: 12/17/14 06:34
Author: calsubd

Thank you RGDave, I'll check that one out !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 12/17/14 06:55

Welcome, good luck. They are nice decoders and I have had good experiences with them in the Atlas units.

~RGDave

Date: 12/17/14 09:52
Author: fbe

The DP-5 decoder is a TCS decoder, not one from NCE.

http://tcsdcc.com/Zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46_7&products_id=340

The DA SR decoder is a drop in replacement board. You would remove entirely the Atlas silver board then hardwire all the wire electrical connections from the trucks, motor and lights.

The NCE P2K SR decoder which is built around the NMRA 8 pin plug might also work if there are no physical obstructions from either board.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/14 13:13 by fbe.

Date: 12/18/14 05:05

Good call, fbe, I stand corrected - DP-5 is indeed a decoder made by TCS Inc. It will work in this instance, and would be my choice.

A similar NCE creature, and the one I was thinking of, is the D13SRP. That's the direct-plug version for the 8-pin socket.

~RGDave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0286 seconds