Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Model Railroading > Auction sites

Date: 01/25/15 13:31
Auction sites
Author: bnsftim

They should not allow minors on these auction sites. Case and point my item was canceled because his mom would not give him more money so the bid was retracted. If you don't have the funds don't play just like gambling. that is my rant.

Date: 01/25/15 16:24
Re: Auction sites
Author: northridgeswitcher

Probably his parents account that he used to bid. Most site have a "Report Buyer" and if enough sellers report for the same reason the site will (and does) take action including closing the buyers account.

And from experience this can and does happen and hence why it makes more since to buy and sell through direct sales only.

Or no auction biding unless payment is on file (credit card/PayPal account) which one of the major sites is going to require later this year.

Northridge Switcher

Date: 01/25/15 16:33
Author: wabash2800

I had someone's credit card company ask for a refund based on "unauthorized use". They bid on the item and received the item. What did I have to do with "unauthorized use"? I protested with Paypal and didn't have to eat it. But I assume the item was taken off the individuals credit card anyway. I'll assume someone used a family member's card without telling the card holder or someone was trying to get something for nothing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/15 16:54 by wabash2800.

Date: 01/25/15 17:04
Author: coastdaylight

Did you notify/file a complaint with the auction site? Very little or nothing will get done, nor have improvements made ranting here. I doubt anyone from the auction site reads T.O.

Date: 01/25/15 19:38
Author: Auburnrail

Please guys, I love Ebay, but it's still a crapshoot. When I list something and get paid within a few days it' a good day...when I don't ...Oh well, I report it to EBay as a non-paying bidder (after 4 days) and they give him grief and I relist it. I'm not out anything and usually it will eventually sell. And by the way,,from what I've seen, most buyers leave no feedback and no communication after the sale ....sort of removes any human element, but if your purpose is to convert stuff to cash...quickly... it's still the only way to go. Just don't idealize how well you'll be treated by potential buyers. Just my opinion and observation.

Auburnrail

Date: 01/25/15 20:16
Author: bnsftim

I forwared the transaction history and they said they will look into the matter as to how he was able to obtain an account without adult supervision.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/26/15 03:51
Author: CR4110

I would sell stuff on ebay, but sense i don't meet the 25 items in a 90 day period. Ebay, (NOT PAYPAL) hold the money for 21 days to make sure it's not a scam. Sorry if you want me to sell give me my money!! Or I'll just hang on to my stuff.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/26/15 06:24
Author: Streamliner

CR4110 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would sell stuff on ebay, but sense i don't meet
> the 25 items in a 90 day period. Ebay, (NOT
> PAYPAL) hold the money for 21 days to make sure
> it's not a scam. Sorry if you want me to sell give
> me my money!! Or I'll just hang on to my stuff.
>
> Posted from Android

As someone who has sold thousands of items on ebay, I would HIGHLY recommend that you look into consigning with an expert. There are folks out there who are exceedingly good at selling on ebay. Some of these folks are modelers and know all about the items you want to sell and just how to list them so they get the best exposure and realize the highest price. Sure, you will have to get your items to the consignor and you will have to give them a cut, but if you don't have the inclination, expertise or demeanor to do it yourself, consigning really may be the way to go.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0723 seconds