Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Model Railroading > Saving my hand muscles - Power adhesive gun :)

Date: 01/30/15 06:50
Saving my hand muscles - Power adhesive gun :)
Author: navarch1

I am looking at dispensing a whole lot of adhesive using this foam top construction and gluing down roadbed - and after only 4 sets of panels to be glued down, I realized how much strain it is going to put on my hands to squeeze out all of that adhesive with a caulking gun for a layout this large. So, I found this and ordered one - the MOW folks will tank me many times over lol.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-Power-Caulk-and-Adhesive-Gun-Tool-Only-P310G/205648767?N=5yc1vZc5bpZ1z1144m

Bob

Date: 01/30/15 07:48
Re: Saving my hand muscles - Power adhesive gun :)
Author: BCutter

I have found that the old batteries (ones that will no longer hold a charge for more than 2 minutes!) from those battery-powered thingies are great weights to hold things in alignment. They even have a built-in handle!

Bruce

BTW how much snow did you get?

Date: 01/30/15 08:46
Author: navarch1

BCutter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have found that the old batteries (ones that
> will no longer hold a charge for more than 2
> minutes!) from those battery-powered thingies are
> great weights to hold things in alignment. They
> even have a built-in handle!
>
> Bruce
>
> BTW how much snow did you get?

30.7" the town tells me :)

Not the worst, and it was so light that I was able to shovel out the end of my driveway myself. The town was really good about it - I asked them to plow my street to the side away from my driveway ( a parking lot that the store plows anyway) and they were as good as their word and I had no "road snow" to deal with - only what fell/drifted. Made my life a lot easier :)

Bob

Date: 01/30/15 11:14
Author: Andre

Bob,

For that price it is well worth the money, now all I have to see is if Dewalt makes one.

Andre

Date: 01/31/15 18:11
Author: sandmanre

Yes. Dewalt makes them too, for about $180.......Amazon has some air powered ones for around $35.....

Ron Evans
Golden Valley, AZ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds