Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Model Railroading > CR ocs?

Date: 02/26/15 14:44
CR ocs?
Author: CR4110

What cars for the CR ocs train are available, obviously I will have to paint them. Just trying to see if I can get at least a train of 10 cars.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/26/15 15:47
Re: CR ocs?
Author: judahrice

Walters made at least one of the cars in OCS paint already - can't remember which one though

Date: 02/26/15 17:41
Author: HB90MACH

P2K did one or two of the E8's. wouldn't be hard to change the numbers for the other ones though.

Date: 02/26/15 18:14
Author: NSTopHat

Overland did all three E Units and they did the Full Dome, now the NS Delaware. P2K did two of the E Units. Bachmann also did the full dome, but I do not believe thay have released it as Conrail. Microscale set MC4066 does cover both the cars and the locos.

Russ

Posted from Android

Date: 02/27/15 05:59
Author: chessiegp39

NSTopHat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Overland did all three E Units and they did the
> Full Dome, now the NS Delaware. P2K did two of the
> E Units. Bachmann also did the full dome, but I do
> not believe thay have released it as Conrail.
> Microscale set MC4066 does cover both the cars and
> the locos.
>
> Russ
>
> Posted from Android

As stated above, only the engines are available or were available in CR commercially. Non of the cars were though. There was an article some time
ago on kitbashing all of the cars by using Walthers and Rivorossi cars as starting points with kits that the author had made for him. I think the author of the article was Matt Snell, but I could be wrong. The kits were for sale by him but again, this was some years ago. Anyways, it was a very informative and excellent series.

James

Date: 02/27/15 12:03
Author: bioyans

judahrice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Walters made at least one of the cars in OCS paint
> already - can't remember which one though

Walthers also recently released the Santa Fe "Big Dome" cars in HO ... which the CR OCS (and now NS) dome car was, when built.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0334 seconds