Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Model Railroading > Toledo Train Show

Date: 03/05/15 07:33
Toledo Train Show
Author: 200chuck

Greater Toledo Train show Sunday March 8, 2015 11:00 am - 3:00 pm w/9:00 early bird.
Owens Community College ( Student health & Activities CTR ) 30335 Oregon Rd, Perrysburg, OH 43551
Free parking $6 admission

Date: 03/05/15 09:24
Re: Toledo Train Show
Author: toledopatch

Caution: it's not just trains or train-related. And the one time I went to this show in the past, the train selection was minimal and overpriced.

Date: 03/05/15 09:56
Author: EL-SD45-3632

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Caution: it's not just trains or train-related.
> And the one time I went to this show in the past,
> the train selection was minimal and overpriced.

Correct! It's nothing like the train shows of the past when super Steve ran the show. The last show that I attended was a little disappointing in my opinion.

Date: 03/05/15 11:35
Author: toledopatch

EL-SD45-3632 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> toledopatch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Caution: it's not just trains or train-related.
> > And the one time I went to this show in the
> past,
> > the train selection was minimal and overpriced.
>
>
> Correct! It's nothing like the train shows of the
> past when super Steve ran the show. The last show
> that I attended was a little disappointing in my
> opinion.

The Toledo Toymasters' show is different from the ones Super Steve used to run - the ones that now happen up in Monroe.

When I went to the Toymasters' show, it was in a banquet hall, the tables were all crowded together and the place was overrun by rambunctious rugrats. If I planned to go now, I would hope the digs at Owens are a bit more spacious. It's good to have children seeing stuff at these shows and getting involved in hobbies, but when you're worried about them knocking you over or you breaking their teeth with your knees because it's too crowded, it's a bad scene, and I don't remember there being any operating layouts at the old location, either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/15 11:37 by toledopatch.

Date: 03/05/15 12:16
Author: 200chuck

This is only the second show at this facility it is a very nice and well setup. Not connect to Steve's at all.
Yes some families do bring their kids and it possible you will not find exactly what your looking for. He does have layouts.
If these guys went to the show last year I find there comments a little out of line.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0532 seconds