Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Model Railroading > Last call for Central Ohio RPM

Date: 04/16/15 18:38
Last call for Central Ohio RPM
Author: SALGUY

Folks, this is the last call for the 2015 Central Ohio RPM.  The meet is scheduled to be held April 23-25 at Marion Union Station, 532 W Center St, Marion, OH 43302. 

Thursday is setup day and we will begin that around noon or so.  This will also afford those that get into town early the chance to do some fanning in and around Marion.  Around 5 or so we will go to dinner at the Shovel Restaurant which is located right across the parking lot.   After dinner we will adjourn to a slide/movie show for a few hours.

Friday things get real.  We will have door open at 8am for those that need to set up and what not.  The meet starts at 9am.  There will be several clinics through the day as well as the normal discussions, fellowship and model displays. Of course, right outside the door there are plenty of trains running by.  After dinnner there will be a slide/movie show at the depot.

Saturday the doors open at 8am, again.  The meet opens at 9.  After lunch, around 2 or so, we will handle the doorprizes.  Around 5 or so the meet will close and we will have a tear down and clean up session.  After that is a cookout for those that choose to pay any extra $6.00 for.  We will have the ususal suspects, dogs, brats, burgers and all the trimmings.  This is a GREAT time and a favorite of the attendees.  After dinner we will have another slide/movie show.

My wife, the registar, insists on having coffee available, that is the price of her being there.   So,there will be free coffee for all to enjoy.

Cost for the meet is $20.00 for  the weekend.  As I said, the cookout is an extra $6.00.

We will also have our 2015 edition CORPM shirt for sale at the meet.  Costs of these high quality Ts is $20.00 each. 

One thing I must mention.  Due to all of the trains outside the doors, it is hard to keep things on a schedule at this meet.   If you are a person that expects things to go off as planned you will be disappointed here, trust me on this.

We hope to see  you guys there.  Bring friends and lots of models. 

If you have questions, please email me at dblake7@columbus.rr.com and will get back to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/15 23:29 by SALGUY.

Date: 04/16/15 20:43
Re: Last call for Central Ohio RPM
Author: wabash2800

Denis

I don't mind paying the weekend charge, but what if I just want to set up on Saturday?

Victor

Date: 04/16/15 20:59
Author: SALGUY

Victor

Thats fine, we will accomodate you.  Bring it on, see you there.  Do you want to present a clinic for us?  Let me know.

DB

Date: 04/16/15 21:05
Author: wabash2800

I'll send you a private email.

Victor

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0474 seconds