Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Model Railroading > Custom Finishing Track Equipment

Date: 04/19/15 15:25
Custom Finishing Track Equipment
Author: mkerner

As I work on the last three machines for my tie gang, I can't help but wonder how many of these kits where bought but never built. I always check train shows for other kits that I might be interested in, but never see any.
Michael T Kerner
Collinsville,IL

Posted from Android

Date: 04/20/15 10:45
Re: Custom Finishing Track Equipment
Author: iaisfan

Care to share any photos?  I'm a big fan of MOW equipment, but must admit I'm not familiar with the CF offerings.  I'd love to find some pieces that could be moved around the layout now and then to add a little life to neglected spurs.

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Date: 04/20/15 12:24
Author: Lighter

All/most of the line is illustrated on the Walthers web site.  It is extensive.  They are cast metal and need some work to make them presentable in this injected styrene world.  Attached is a photo of a Sperry body on an Atlas Louisville Ford.  This is after a lot of modeling work with prototype photos.  Various aftermarket parts also added. 

Date: 04/20/15 19:44
Author: iaisfan

Beautiful work on that, Lighter!  I'm glad you and Michael brought up this product line, because I had no idea that CF's offerings were so extensive.  I'll definitely plan to order some when I'm a bit further along on other layout projects.

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Date: 04/21/15 17:54
Author: PHall

Three things are required to build a Custom Finishing metal kit.
1. Files
2. Superglue
3. Patience, lots and lots of patience!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds