Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Model Railroading > Miniature Bell Cranks

Date: 06/23/15 14:57
Miniature Bell Cranks
Author: wabash2800

I need a few and am wondering if anything is commercially available without me having to fabricate them out of brass (preferably) or styrene. I would say I'm looking at nothing bigger than .125" x .125" with a thickness of nothing more than .020". Yes, I can fabricate them quite easily but would like to have some options as to kinds of levers and find something that wil pleasantly surprise me. Another option might be something made for another purpose that can be easily modified. Perhaps I could take a small piece of bar stock, bend it into an angle and drill holes into it. (I will be attaching wire to both ends.)

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 06/23/15 15:03
Re: Miniature Bell Cranks
Author: fbe

There are catalogs for robotics projects which are full of parts like this. A 3D printer might spit these out by the dozen. Someone with a laser cutter could fill a sheet full of them.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 06/23/15 17:19
Author: Kimball

You might try parts for radio-control model airplanes and helicopters.    I think they use bellcranks in the control linkages.I used some small clevises that had maybe a 4-40 thread on my Live Steamer for cylinder cock linkages.

Date: 06/23/15 18:03

Thanks Kimball, I already looked into that at the local hobby shop. Right or wrong, I was told they don't use anything that small.

Date: 06/24/15 17:14

Someone has offered to make them for me. Thanks all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/15 17:23 by wabash2800.

Date: 06/25/15 15:45
Author: rschonfelder

wabash2800 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone has offered to make them for me. Thanks
> all.

OK, spit it out; .... who?  It kind of shuts the door on the thread without helping those interested.  Anyone commercial?

Rick

Date: 06/25/15 19:03

Rick:

It's a Trainorders member who is doing it for free out of his generosity, and out of respect for him I wouldn't think it fair for a number folks to contact him for the same. I am going to send him a free copy of my book, however, though he didn't ask for that.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/15 19:04 by wabash2800.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.045 seconds