Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Model Railroading > Problems running a Soundtraxx locomotive with the Digitrax Chief

Date: 07/05/15 05:51
Problems running a Soundtraxx locomotive with the Digitrax Chief
Author: BaylorMax

Good morning, all,

My layout uses a Digitrax Chief and 3 DB-150 boosters.  I just received my Athearn SD40's which are factory equipped with Soundtraxx decoders.  Here's my problem.  I lose speed control on the power district of my layout wired to the Chief.  I have an extra Chief and that does not do any better.  There is no loos of control on the 3 power districts wired to the DB150's used as boosters.

So, I replaced the Chief with an extra DB150 and set the ops switches on the DB150 to make it the command station, ala Empire Builkder.  It works like a charm! No loss of control.
Cut
All of my other locomotives equipped with other manufaturer's souond decoders work with the Digitrax Chief.  

Any thoughts?

I'm going to call both Soundtraxx and Digitrax tomorrow and see what they say.  I suspect they'll be soooo happy to hear about this gremlin! :)

Steve Barkley  

Date: 07/05/15 08:14
Re: Problems running a Soundtraxx locomotive with the Digitrax Ch
Author: KA7008

Shot in the dark...

Try setting CV29 to "no DC" control.
34 for standard speed table
50 for user speed table

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/15 12:44 by KA7008.

Date: 07/07/15 01:49
Re: Problems running a Soundtraxx locomotive with the Digitrax Ch
Author: jobrazy

It sounds like you have 2 boosters fighting for control. You need to make sure that only one booster in your system is the command station and everything else is just a booster and slaves to it. I had a similar problem. 

Joel Brazy
Coatesville, PA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds