Does anyone know if these are available from any supplier ?  TIA

Date: 07/22/15 09:15
Re: Port Manatee RR Loco decals availability
Author: shortliner

Like this one?

Date: 07/22/15 12:33
Author: boejoe

For the Manatee decals consider an alphabet set with the proper font and approximate height.

Date: 07/22/15 13:14
Author: DrLoco

If you want to strike out on your own and try to make decals for yourself (access to an alps printer would have to be had for the white lettering) the font appears to be similar to MS Word's "Bodoni MT"typeface.
THe rest of the engine, I'd paint the body gray primer, then yellow, mask off the stripe then put the blue on top.  After that, I'd cover the paint seam from blue to yellow with thin white sill stripe decals from microscale (or some other such white striping decals from the decal box).  THen the lettering.  Contacting one of the people that does white decals may be your best bet here--
IF you were doing this in a larger scale, I think chartpak makes actual stickon vinyl lettering in this font, and you could actually use the vinyl letters as masks themselves to paint the "PORT MANATEE" On the side of the engine.  Start with gray primer, then white on the rear flanks, letting that cure, I'd put the stick-on letters in place, then spray the yellow stripe. let that cure, mask and spray the whole thing blue...then remove the stick-on letters and the mask over the yellow...easy peasy, right?!
So the big question is where'd you find a CN GP9RM shell? or are you taking a proto and kitbashing it?

Date: 07/22/15 14:13
Author: cf7

So tell us about this railroad. Sounds interesting to model.
Russ

Date: 07/22/15 17:01
Author: calsubd

cf7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So tell us about this railroad. Sounds interesting
> to model.
> Russ
Found this,,http://www.portmanateecommercecenter.com/About.html

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 07/22/15 17:40

Thanks Ed, very interesting. That engine must be r/c.

Date: 07/22/15 17:43

Shortliner,

If you can't find anything that will work for you, Ron at Rail Graphics should be able to come up with something fast and inexpensive.
He has been making decals for me for over 35 years. Top quality all the way.
Russ

Date: 07/23/15 00:40
Author: shortliner

Gentlemen - many thanks for all your answers and sugestions, My friend, Chris Gilbert, is in Florida on holiday ATM, and took the photo as part of a video. He models Florida Highland (a fictional Pinsly Road) and was doing a search for Florida Central RR, and came across it. I suggested he should model it and this sparked a discussion about decal availability, which is how the question appeared on this thread.Thanks again

Date: 07/23/15 17:30
Author: PHall

cf7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Ed, very interesting. That engine must be
> r/c.

Why do you say that?  If you're referring the red, white and green lights under the number boards on the rear of the unit, this is an ex-CN unit and those are classification lights.

Date: 07/24/15 05:54
Author: csx-uk

7063 is now owned by the Florida Central
If I could workout how to post photos from my phone on this site I'd show you more
But you can seen them here
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=678728345560057&id=641156309317261

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/26/15 05:02
Author: mwelke

Www.circusdecals.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0521 seconds