Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Model Railroading > Fox Valley GP60M's

Date: 07/29/15 15:50
Fox Valley GP60M's
Author: MikeUP4014

Hello..

Any one out there have the new Fox Valley HO GP60M's or GP60B's..  How do they run? Problems?

Thanks

Mike Keithly
Kimball, NE

Date: 07/29/15 18:25
Re: Fox Valley GP60M's
Author: cabman

I have both models and they're beautifu and run well.l.  Years ago I made my ABBA set from Railpower bodies and Athearn power and I thought they looked pretty good until I got my Fox Valleys!  No comparison.  Some people complain about the shallow sideframes on the trucks, but that's a minor problem that can be fixed with a little weathering

Date: 07/29/15 18:27
Author: Fizzboy7

Very pleased with ours.   No customer complaints, just many compliments.

Smith Brothers Hobby Center

Date: 07/29/15 22:03
Author: navarch2

I have them and they run perfectly with my Athearn Genesis GP50's in ATSF.

Bob

Date: 07/30/15 06:32
Author: toledopatch

I've been debating whose Norfolk Southern GP60 (not GP60M) to buy, and based on the response to the GP60Ms, it sounds like the Fox Valley is the winner.

Date: 07/30/15 12:02
Author: JayK

I have both a DCC (sound) and DC (no sound) version in ATSF Warbonnet paint from Fox Valley. Much better runners than Athearn, and generally better detail. After installing a decoder in the DC unit the two version run well together. Sideframes are shallow, but not objectionable. Just like most Genesis units the handrails are flimsy. I managed to break one trying to get the shell removed to install a decoder in the DC version.

Date: 07/30/15 19:59
Author: RetireMe

Not a single complaint from me.  Installed a Soundtraxx/Tsunami decoder in mine.  Very pleased.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0298 seconds