Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Model Railroading > DCC issue

Date: 08/24/15 07:30
DCC issue
Author: santafedan

I have a friend that sent me the following issue.
Any suggestions?     I am using an MRC Prodigy Wireless system. *     When programming an Athearn Genesis (sound/dcc) F-unit, using a programmed assigned "cab number"  (83, in this case) the unit works fine (ie: bell, whistle, headlight, and other various sound functions).  The unit also throttles up and down (with engine sound) properly and moves in the correct direction. (...like it is suppose to operate) *     Here's the problem:  When I try to consist two identical F-units, using the "new consist" mode, I can not operate the function keys (F-1, F-2, etc.) of the sound system. [The engine sound is fine and operates ok in conjunction with the engine speed.) The headlight works, throttle is ok, and the direction is correct.  The two units operate together in a consist ok, it is just that neither will operate the sound functions by pressing the appropriate function key(s). *     I have tried everything I can think of to resolved this problem from re-programming the unit; changing the consist number, etc.  No dice! *     I tried consisting some BLI units with this MRC system and everything works fine with these particular units!  It seems to be an Athearn issue.  (I believe these units have Tsunami sound decoders.)

Date: 08/24/15 07:38
Re: DCC issue
Author: RFandPFan

Did you enter the number for the lead engine and change CV21 to 255?  This will assign the lead engine for bell and horn functions under the consist number.

Date: 08/24/15 12:52
Re: DCC issue plus one more
Author: santafedan

RFand P fan, thanks.
The fix worked.
Now he has another question:

is there a way to program a BLI SW-9 so only the front headlight works.  I have paired two units for yard work and only need the front lights on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/15 12:53 by santafedan.

Date: 08/24/15 13:34

santafedan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RFand P fan, thanks.
> The fix worked.

No problem, make sure you remind him to set CV21 back to "0" when he breaks the consist.

Date: 08/24/15 13:54

santafedan Wrote:
>  is there a way to program a BLI SW-9 so only the
> front headlight works.  I have paired two units
> for yard work and only need the front lights on.

The simple way would be to bring up the engine you want the headlight on and press the "0" function key to turn on the headlights then do the opposite for the other.

The more complicated consisting method is this (from the BLI Manual)...

DCC Easy ConsistStart with each engine having a unique address.
You can create a consist by designating each engine as front, middle, or rear, then setting the consist address.CV230 designates the position in the consist as follows:
CV230 = 1 for the Front Engine

CV230 = 2 for all Middle Engines

CV230 = 3 for the Rear Engine
Front Engine: Set CV230 = 1. Pick a consist address between 1 and 127 (10 for example) and program it into CV19.     
Middle Engines: Set CV230 = 2. Set CV19 = consist address (10 for example). (For a rear facing engine, Set CV 19 = the consist address plus 128. (138 for example if
the consist address is 10).  
Rear Facing Rear Engine: Set CV230 = 3. Set CV 19 = the consist address plus 128. (138 for example if the consist
address is 10).
Front Facing Rear Engine: Set CV230 = 3. Set CV19 = Consist Address, then set CV 229=1 to set the lights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/15 13:55 by RFandPFan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0738 seconds