Home Open Account Help 187 users online

Model Railroading > Suggestions

Date: 08/25/15 06:19
Suggestions
Author: BKLYN

I have about 15 years of Moldel Railroader magazines...I don't want to trash...please offer some suggestions...

Thanks
Wil

Date: 08/25/15 06:36
Re: Suggestions
Author: kevink

Try a local retirement or veterans home. 
Sadly, I suspect that tossing them in the recycling bin is your best option.

Date: 08/25/15 07:21
Author: railwaybaron

Give them to the library for a book sale or the boy/girl scouts.

Date: 08/25/15 08:23
Author: 3751_loony

I donated my good ones to my local RR museum,  Orange Empire.  Unnfortunately, many of mine were so worn that pages were falling apart, and even missing.

If you do toss them,  you might want to save drawings, trrack plans or how-to articles.

Good luck,
​​

Jim Montague
IRVINE, CA
Train and Nature photo Art

Date: 08/25/15 10:33
Author: VintageMac

I donated mine to my local hobby shop to give to kids who come into the store.  It would be nice to spark and nurture interest in the young ones.

Date: 08/25/15 11:31
Author: Stottman

If you can be bothered, put them on ebay. Either by single issue, or by a full year. 

Date: 08/25/15 18:23
Author: mcdeo

Some elementary schools want magazines for school projects and pictures. Might be a good way to inspire a new generation of modelers. Spark the interest of a young mind. 

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 08/25/15 23:07

Thank you all for your suggestions...I'll be donating them to the  Veterans Retire home in Delaware. I spoke to the director and she was thrilled, there are few gentlemen there who would greatly enjoy them.

Date: 08/25/15 23:09
RE: Suggestions

Thank you all for your suggestions...I'll be donating them to the  Veterans Retire home in Delaware. I spoke to the director and she was thrilled, there are few gentlemen there who would greatly enjoy them.

Wil G.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds