Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Model Railroading > Constant lighting units for DC?

Date: 08/25/15 11:33
Constant lighting units for DC?
Author: Stottman

I am in the process of detailing a Atlas GP40, and am using Cannon and Company parts.

Any suggestions on decent lighting unit for DC only? I would rather not solder one myself. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/15 11:33 by Stottman.

Date: 08/25/15 12:07
Re: Constant lighting units for DC?
Author: fbe

Miniatronics has a few compact boards and even have some for beacons and oscillating lights. Just attach them to power, they even include leds attached.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/25/15 20:33
Author: 70ACE

Try contacting Streamlined Backshop at www.SBS4dcc.com   He does sales and special services such as what you are looking for.

Date: 08/25/15 21:50
Author: railstiesballast

Richmond Controls of Sugarland, TX, has an extensive line of very compact, high performance constant lighting units.
They come with exactly what you request as to number of LEDs and functions.
Their gyra-light is the best I have seen.
Most are availabe with epoxy LED housings that slip into the body shell light holes with no other work needed.
Jim Hinds, the owner, calls then the "No Chopping" line as users do not have to cut into the body to make space for them.
I have used them for years. They work so well that as I convert my engines to DCC I am perfectly content to just hook up the DCC headlight wires to the input for the Richmond units, not making any other changes and it works fine.
They have a web site.
Although they have a complex product numbering system, you can send a note explaining in plain English what you want and they will respond.
They also make interior, marker, and FRED drivers, and can include "keep alive" capacitors to keep lights steady.

Date: 08/30/15 08:27
Author: fbe

Ngineering also makes what you need.

I just bought a couple of their kits to put 4 leds inside a Stratolight rooftop beacon casting so these will rotate in sequence.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds