Home Open Account Help 389 users online

Model Railroading > Progress is...Progress

Date: 08/28/15 05:16
Progress is...Progress
Author: RGDave

Summertime is never a high-volume production time for my Onondaga Cutoff.  With a young family, work, and all the outdoor activities that summer brings, there is just less time to make things happen on the layout.

A few more trees have grown in on the hillside, and I am wrapping up the first layer of ballast for the east end of the major yard on the railroad, including leads into CP-280.  Ballasting interlockings is a painstaking process, and quite a detailed operation, when trying to get the colors and profiles correct all while avoiding stones and glue on moving parts of interlocked turnouts.  This is the first layer of ballast in the yard, with smaller crushed 'walking' stones yet to come as a finishing touch near the ladders and North Runner (the track running on the right side of the ladder tracks into the distance).  

1.  Here's a shot in the late afternoon on a humid August 1, 1994, looking west into Onondaga Yard.

Thanks for looking!
~RGDave
www.onondagacutoff.blogspot.com

Date: 08/28/15 05:36
Re: Progress is...Progress
Author: SPDRGWfan

Looks great.  You sure get a lot more done with a family than I do with much less to manage - though having a completely dry basement would help a lot!

Cheers, Jim

Date: 08/28/15 06:54
Author: santafedan

A-OK

Date: 08/28/15 08:18
Author: elu34ch

Nicely done. Don't forget some sand, cement, flour, corn, spills between the rails. The telephone pole with antennae is a nice touch.

Date: 08/28/15 11:55
Author: retcsxcfm

VERY NICE

Uncle Joe

Date: 08/28/15 13:32
Author: atsf121

Nicely done, my 1995 layout is still stuck in unscenic mode.

Nathan

Date: 08/28/15 22:45
Author: iaisfan

That looks awesome Dave!  I love your track and ballast!

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Date: 08/29/15 14:11
Author: wabash2800

It looks very railroady.

Date: 08/29/15 22:28
Author: SantaFeRuss

Very nice layout.

SantaFeRuss

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds