Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Model Railroading > Altoona Model Works

Date: 08/30/15 15:22
Altoona Model Works
Author: SandingValve

A couple of months ago I ordered this O scale single stall engine house from Altoona Model Works. It is offered with a choice of structure bases for different track, including an CNC cut out inspection pit. I contacted Bob Spaulding at AMW and asked about an O scale structure base cut out for On30 track.

When the kit arrived I was pleasantly surprised with this high quality basswood construction craftsman kit: laser scribed siding details, laser-cut studded walls, laser-cut roof trusses (including a construction spacing template for the trusses!), two piece laser-cut windows, injection molded styrene details and peel-n-stick roofing shingles. I was impressed with the laser scribed structure base that simulated individual wood flooring boards. The inspection pit was neatly cut out between pre-gauged notches for the rails. There is also a machine shop section that can be added to either side of the main engine house.

I don't have any affiliation with Altoona Model Works other than a satisfied customer. Look'em up and talk to Bob Spaulding as he was very helpful in answering my questions and willing to do some minor customization with this particular kit.

Looking forward to building this kit in the coming fall.
SV

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds