Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Model Railroading > LED question on Bowser C630

Date: 10/06/15 18:09
LED question on Bowser C630
Author: Charls

Good evening, I have a BCR Bowser C630 w/ Tsunami sound decoder. I friend asked me to change the cab to a wide cab so I had to replace the LED( and board) as  the bowser board doesn't fit the same location of the light castings ,
As those bowser board have a small resistor on them,  I bought a set of LED with resistor already wired from Evan Design (cool white 1,8mm 7-19 volts) to simply wire in the headlight function and one of F5 or F6 for the ditch light.
Unfortunately, none light up, so not sure what is wrong, Is the Tsunami board already has resistor on it, if so, why is the Bowser small board at the front also has resistors, Do I have too much resistance?
Thanks
Charls

Date: 10/06/15 18:54
Re: LED question on Bowser C630
Author: KA7008

Sounds like too much resistance or you have the pos/neg leads reversed.

Date: 10/06/15 20:13
Author: chitownjeff

I use the Evan's design prewired SMD without their resistor, and I never use more than a 1K  resistor on the negative lead for protection. Also you bought the wrong color SMD LED, you will get a blue tone when these light and will have to tint them with orange paint to surpress the blue, you should have bought the warm white version.

Date: 10/08/15 00:48
Author: rschonfelder

I hope your friend doesn't care about accuracy because if you're using a C630M it is the wrong unit to make into a fat face 723-730.  You'd be better to wait for the M630 which has not yet been announced.  Bowser has only announced the M636 which BCR never had.

Rick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0309 seconds