Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Model Railroading > Clear Styrene Windows

Date: 10/09/15 19:53
Clear Styrene Windows
Author: jburek

I have several brass locos that will need window glass. I have always used very thin clear styrene for this purpose.  I always glue them in place with a little drop ACC which can be a little tricky if not careful.  Anyone use any other type of adhesive for this purpose??

Date: 10/09/15 20:09
Re: Clear Styrene Windows
Author: MMD

I use Testors Window / Glass glue to do mine, the glue dries clear.
Malcolm
New Zealand

Date: 10/09/15 20:12
Author: ESPEE5318

Canopy glue, white glue, gloss clear on a brush etc etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/15 20:13 by ESPEE5318.

Date: 10/09/15 20:17
Author: Frisco1522

Future floor polish

Date: 10/10/15 04:05
Author: andrewcastle

I use Microscale Kristal Klear.

Andrew C

Date: 10/10/15 05:02
Author: herronpeter

I use the Testors canopy cement but I have switched to real glass using microscope slide cover slips.  I also invested in one of those Micro Mark suction cup thingies.  Works great.

Peter

Date: 10/10/15 08:25
Author: MarkG

There is a product that I learned to use in my Architectural Drafting class called Tacky Glue that one can get from any store that carry craft suppl lies (Michaels, Jo-Ann's, WalMart, Target, Etc.). This is essentially a water based white glue that drys clear with a very short drying time. Though it supposedly peels off glass and paint I have yet to have that happen to any of my applications. I also use it to glue in my LED's that I used to replace light bulbs as well as tacking down the magnet wire I used to connect said LED's to the decoders.

best regards,
Mark G.
Napa Valley Northern #40

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds