Home Open Account Help 160 users online

Model Railroading > SP/Pullman Sleeper Lake Sheridan

Date: 12/22/15 01:10
SP/Pullman Sleeper Lake Sheridan
Author: funnelfan

Finally finished the building of a SP/Pullman sleeper Lake Sheridan. This is a branchline kit with hundreds of parts and little bit of a challenge to build. But it was a fun project that lasted 3 nights. Still got more to do like adding passengers and some light weathering. will be used on a SP passenger train know as the Rogue River that ran between Portland and Medford, OR.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 12/22/15 04:18
Re: SP/Pullman Sleeper Lake Sheridan
Author: BNModeler

Very nice.
I have done a Branchline kit too, and enjoyed it a lot.

Date: 12/22/15 05:32
Author: ATSF3751

Great job! These kits are well done.

Date: 12/22/15 08:55
Author: Frisco1522

They're very well done, but are a bear on a layout.  You have to cut away pipes and brake lines around the trucks to get them around curves and through switches.  They could probably benefit from some good wheels also.

Date: 12/22/15 08:59
Author: superchief73

Excellent! I also love to build and detail these fine kits. They blend in with brass models. Your model is looking very sharp.

Javier Cervantes
Castle Rock , CO

Date: 12/22/15 09:03
Author: ATSF3751

Be sure to post photos of the Rouge River (AKA..the "Nightcrawler") when you are done.

Date: 12/22/15 09:17
Author: superchief73

ATSF3751 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Be sure to post photos of the Rouge River
> (AKA..the "Nightcrawler") when you are done.
i would also love to see the complete train. Please share indeed! 

Javier Cervantes
Castle Rock , CO

Date: 12/22/15 12:59
Author: funnelfan

Well this was the first car I built for the train, still need to make the rest of it.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 12/22/15 21:52
Author: wabash2800

Very nice Ted. I am working on some Branchline paired window coaches from kits. As I posted here previoulsly, I can find the single window kits but not the paired-window kits.  A modeler tipped me off that Atlas offers the paired window car sides among the other Branchline parts available. They will drop into the single window kits. I purchased some paired window car sides from Atlas and a single window car kit from another source. Anyway, most of the Wabash coaches had the paired window arrangement but with a single window in the middle of the car. I have figured out how to kitbash that arrangement but it will lengthen the car...

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepbulications.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/15 21:12 by wabash2800.

Date: 12/25/15 08:07
Author: Frisco1522

I wish they had made an arched roof that would drop in.  That along with the paired window sides would make a dynamite Frisco coach.  I was able to do that with a couple of Walthers cars.   I bought one paired window w/monitor roof and another coach with the arch roof and swapped.   Made a nice car.

Date: 01/05/16 10:24
Author: SPED

Ted, that is one nice car, great work!

Ed

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0382 seconds