Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Model Railroading > Corrected view of Tangent ACL 60' GSC bulkhead

Date: 02/04/16 02:12
Corrected view of Tangent ACL 60' GSC bulkhead
Author: acltrainman

I posted this yesterday and had the wrong protootype shot to go along with the model. Sorry must have been a senior moment.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 02/04/16 03:47
Re: Corrected view of Tangent ACL 60' GSC bulkhead
Author: funnelfan

Still not really the correct prototype photo. The model has some kind of steel frame around the end of the bulkhead that seems to be somewhat uncommon to me. But even on the prototype image on thier website, I can't make out that odd steel frame.

http://www.tangentscalemodels.com/product/acl-original-black-1964-60-gsc-flatcar-w-bulkheads/

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 02/04/16 03:54
Author: acltrainman

Vsry close and maybe modified by ACL. There are some discrepencys but close enough for me. The trucks should be changed to the ACL type also. Steel deck instead of wood and those steel runners
on top of the deck. It comes in a few different RR schemes also. It serves my needs even if not 100% correct, most people won't know the differences. It looks good in the 3' rule for me.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/16 03:56 by acltrainman.

Date: 02/04/16 04:30
Author: SPDRGWfan

acltrainman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vsry close and maybe modified by ACL. There are
> some discrepencys but close enough for me. The
> trucks should be changed to the ACL type also.
> Steel deck instead of wood and those steel
> runners
> on top of the deck. It comes in a few different RR
> schemes also. It serves my needs even if not 100%
> correct, most people won't know the differences.
> It looks good in the 3' rule for me.

Tangent cars are not usually what people refer to as 3' cars.  How does it compare to the photo posted on Tangents website for the ACL car?

Cheers, Jim Fitch

Date: 02/04/16 15:06
Author: Cosmo

I would load it and run the wheels off it  Its a great representaion of the car, and I think tangent did a great job on it. Pretty sure those are not still in service today (someone correct me if I am wrong) so I dont have a need for them...otherwise I would swing the bat on a few...

Date: 02/04/16 17:35
Author: Chad

I just got the GN one I order today. WOW, one impressive car and heavy. Well done Tangent. This will be great to run.

Date: 02/04/16 19:28
Author: TangentScaleModels

acltrainman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I posted this yesterday and had the wrong
> protootype shot to go along with the model. Sorry
> must have been a senior moment.

Stanley - and others asking,

Tangent Scale Models posts prototype photos for most cars we have produced on our website.  This ACL GSC bulkhead flatcar is no different.  Link here:  http://www.tangentscalemodels.com/product/acl-original-black-1964-60-gsc-flatcar-w-bulkheads/    We have posted two prototype photos on our site, and yes, the bulkheads and deck are not a direct match for our new model, which is a match for the GN cars.  However, the flatcar itself - a earlier style 60' GSC flatcar with bolsters at the end of the car instead of inset - is a match.  That is our objective for offering this model, while knowing there are some detail differences.  On cars where we have many roadnames to offer, like our Pullman-Standard PS4750 or GATC airslide 4180 covered hopper, we have tooled many variations.  In the case of these 60' bulkheads, tooling specific parts on a paint scheme by paint scheme basis is not cost effective, especially since virtually every bulkhead variation is different from the next one.  We have no intent to mislead anyone here, and once again I will remind you that our website shows prototype photos - you don't need to go looking for photos online or in book collections - we've done the work for you.

On a real world application note, I find the ACL builkhead cars to be especially interesting because they were used widely for wallboard and lumber service.  Our website (and attached here) includes a photo of one, loaded, in Topeka KS which of course is far from ACL rails.   Do the "math" on how many railroad combinations it would take to get from ACL rails to UP or ATSF (perhaps) rails in Topeka!  Needless to say, some people at the show in Springfield this past weekend told me they didn't need an ACL flatcar because they do not model ACL....

Thank you all for your support, and your business!

David Lehlbach
Tangent Scale Models

Date: 02/05/16 17:04
Author: retcsxcfm

Needless to say, some people at
> the show in Springfield this past weekend told me
> they didn't need an ACL flatcar because they do
> not model ACL....

Well that is a dumb statement!
There is so much to say about that statement,I don't
have the time to say anymore.

Uncle Joe,Seffner,Fl.

> Thank you all for your support, and your
> business!
>
> David Lehlbach
> Tangent Scale Models

Date: 02/12/16 19:16
Author: Mopac3240

I think you people are doing GREAT, David. Keep doing what you are doing. I am seeing Dave and Deb Zucker in a week in San Antonio to obtain a couple of these.Oh, and thanks for the NICE airslides, which are one of my favorite type cars. More unique paint schemes, please! (How about a Mopac scheme or two, just sayin'!)
Chris Grote
Gulf Western Modular Railroad Society

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0459 seconds