Home Open Account Help 254 users online

Model Railroading > BNSF SD38P Antenna Question

Date: 04/22/16 16:33
BNSF SD38P Antenna Question
Author: BNModeler

Im building a BNSF SD38P and need to know if anyone has an idea about the antenna mount on the back of the roof.
I have the BMLA antenna stands that are on the angled part of the roof and I'm looking for the one behind the air conditioners.
Thanks

Date: 04/22/16 17:05
Re: BNSF SD38P Antenna Question
Author: MrMRL

You need Details West AS-352 Antenna Stands Brass Etched Multi Type Config. Specifically ground plane D out of the set. A Details West Long Sinclair Antenna RA-274 could then be attatched to the ground plane.

Mr. MRL

Date: 04/23/16 10:03
Author: Hookdragkick

Bada-bing! So what does the P stand for on the end of the designation?

Date: 04/24/16 04:12
Author: BNModeler

It was a "Parent " Locomotive. Mated to a TEBU unit.

Date: 04/24/16 08:44
Author: PasadenaSub

Wow, nice to see a unit based on an SD35 still running around today.  This one started life as L&N 1207 in May of 1965 and was rebuilt by VMV for BN in 1993.

Rich

Date: 04/24/16 09:50
Author: Hookdragkick

Okay. Now I remember those. I used the 1554 (attached to 256 at the time) a while back. It wasn't worth a darn for flat switching and nobody wanted to use it at the industries, so it stayed parked almost everyday; maybe without that slug, it would do okay. One time the fuel truck came and filled the slug up. It was leaking like a bucket full of holes lol; they later stenciled DO NOT FILL.

Good luck with your build.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/24/16 20:43
Author: bnsfsd70

I always thought that the P was for "Power," as in, able to power the snow plows, or was that only on the GP28P's?

- Jeff Carlson

BNModeler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was a "Parent " Locomotive. Mated to a TEBU
> unit.

Date: 04/25/16 19:19
Author: BN_FAN

I've always heard P = Parent for both the  GP28Ps and SD38Ps, specifically chosen to stay onside with the wave of politically correct and gender neutral language exploding in the early 1990s.

Doug Stark

bnsfsd70 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always thought that the P was for "Power," as
> in, able to power the snow plows, or was that only
> on the GP28P's?
>
> - Jeff Carlson
>

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0471 seconds