Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Model Railroading > More Redding CA layout work progress

Date: 05/28/16 21:02
More Redding CA layout work progress
Author: dmaffei

Took some time off from building beet racks this weekend and helped Rick on his Dunsmuir layout...
My last post http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,3899799,3899799#msg-3899799 
Finished the benchwork to the end of the staging yard. This is the most involved section of layout as it holds a helix, staging and Black Butte area at the top. First photo shows benchwork curving onto the wall that will be the end of the staging yard. Photo two shows the wall that was completed this weekend. This will be the opposite end of the yard that starts near the helix area. The area above the staging yard will be Black Butte that will be supported by steel angle iron keep the yard area clear of posts. Photo three is the 65K gallon water tower and water column that will be set at Black Butte.

Date: 05/29/16 01:00
Re: More Redding CA layout work progress
Author: Fizzboy7

Very clean work.   Looks like you are well on your way to a quality layout.

Date: 05/29/16 08:17
Author: hogheaded

Well, here's one layout that is going to require helper operations. The woodwork looks better than some of my living room furniture.

EO

Date: 05/29/16 22:59
Author: SP4436

Here's my SD7 taking a spin on the Dunsmuir turntable. The amount of talent and energy from Rick that went into building that turntable was extremely impressive!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/16 08:36 by SP4436.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0462 seconds