Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Model Railroading > Two Models From Bill Ryan's Private Brass Collection in HO Scale

Date: 07/18/16 19:24
Two Models From Bill Ryan's Private Brass Collection in HO Scale
Author: Larry020

Bill Ryan was the founder of Pacific Fast Mail.  PFM was an importer of brass models starting in the fifties. 

1.  An 0-2-0.  There is a tea kettle on the stove.  I'm not familiar with the prototype. 

2.  An MOW motor car and two trailers. 

These models, and many more are on display in the Museum at http://www.gsmrm.org

Larry

Post Script  By the way, the 020 in Larry020 has nothing to do with the 020 locomotive pictured here. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/16 23:17 by Larry020.

Date: 07/19/16 19:24
Re: Two Models From Bill Ryan's Private Brass Collection in HO Sc
Author: dgraves

I thought that was a bath tub gondola in the first picture.

Date: 07/19/16 19:35

It's the never before digitally photographed and rarely modeled bathtub tender...

Larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/16 20:25 by Larry020.

Date: 07/22/16 23:30
Author: Wildebeest

I believe the three cars in the second photo -- motor car, empty flat, loaded flat -- were shown in the Kemtron catalog back in the late 1950s or early '60s.  The load on the rear flat conceled a motor and gear drive.

D F W

Date: 07/23/16 08:04

I think the motor car was nicely detailed for its time.  Today's RTR modeler would demand all wheel pickup, a real glass windshield, and a keep alive circuit for the sound coming out of a sugar cube speaker mounted under the speeder.  Come to think of it, I'd like to hear that putt putt sound too...

I might be able to post a few more photos soon rather than later.  We have a modular group coming in today (for two weekends), and I don't know if they will be blocking access to that cabinet.

I believe these were the only two oddities in the collection.  There are one or two HOn3 engines.  A couple On3 locomotives, boxcars, and cabooses.  The rest are HO standard gauge.  Some JNR, both steam and electric.  Several American 4-4-0 tender drive locomotives.  At least a dozen or more US articulated steamers.  Along with some Canadian steam.  There's one more maintenance in the way piece.  A steam crane, that looks similar to the Athearn model, except in brass. 

Larry

Date: 07/08/17 21:43
Author: Cupolau

Wildebeest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe the three cars in the second photo --
> motor car, empty flat, loaded flat -- were shown
> in the Kemtron catalog back in the late 1950s or
> early '60s.  The load on the rear flat conceled a
> motor and gear drive.
>
> D F WT

These are Kemtron models because I purchased one back in the 60's.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds