Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Model Railroading > I don't weather engines...

Date: 08/17/16 18:57
I don't weather engines...
Author: Jimmies

I don't weather engines, but I had to take a shot at this one. I knew in my mind what I wanted it to look like, but it really isn't modelled after a specific prototype unit.

Back in early July, I posted on here about my SD45T-2 having electrical issues with the front trucks. Well, that problem turned out to be paint acting as an insulator at the wire connection to the frame. My friend Frank helped me out greatly with that one.

So, with that electrical problem out of the way, I set out to complete the numbering, lettering, and some final weathering touch up. Here's a photo (again) of what it started out like, along with some new after pictures as it's in now service as a leaser on my shortline railway, the JSSX. I'll get some windshield wipers and add them some time when I make the 60 mile (one way) trip to the LHS. For now though,I'm calling this one done.

The weathering was done by hand brush(es), water mixable artist oils, some light airbrushing and dullcote. Thanks for looking.

Jim

Date: 08/17/16 18:59
Re: I don't weather engines...
Author: Jimmies

I forgot to add that my friend Sean gave me the LTEX decals. Thanks to Sean and Frank.

One more picture, of the other side.

Jim

Date: 08/17/16 19:18
Author: exhaustED

Looks fantastic, very authentic.

Date: 08/17/16 19:32
Author: suvart

If you don't normally weather, it looks like you should start weathering more of your stuff. Great job!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/18/16 03:19
Author: ghemr

Your talent for weathering turns out great whether its on locomotives or freight cars!

Date: 08/18/16 05:25
Author: calsubd

I agree with all the previous comments, very well done !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 08/18/16 05:44
Author: Grand87

Very nice work!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0705 seconds