Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Model Railroading > MRL SD45-2s in red ball paint

Date: 08/24/16 15:37
MRL SD45-2s in red ball paint
Author: fbe

I picked up my new Athearn Genesis model today. Both appropriate numbers are available, MRL 301 and MRL 311. Sound/DCC and DCC ready versions are there.

Details for each specific locomotive seem accurate and fit and finish being well done. Ditch lights will need to be added.

The sound is Tsunami but no where does it say if it is Tsunami 2.

There is a new warranty sheet attachment in the box full of specifics for the lawyers. One is Horizon/Athearn/Genesis denies any Warranty of Merchantability. I believe that is impossible to do but if it is true they can send you a brick and you must accept that as being what you ordered.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/16 11:16 by fbe.

Date: 08/24/16 19:40
Re: MRL SD45-2s in red ball paint
Author: Larry020

Hello FBE

It might depend on what State you live in.  However, I'm not going to Google the laws in every country in the world.

http://legaldictionary.net/implied-warranty-of-merchantability/

Larry

Date: 08/25/16 05:38
Author: hogheaded

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a new warranty sheet attachment in the
> box full of specifics for the lawyers. One is
> Horizon/Athearn/Genesis denies any Warranty of
> Merchantability. I believe that is impossible to
> do but if it is true they can send you a brick and
> you must accept that as being what you ordered.

This is perplexing, and counter-productive at face value, since Athearn traditionally has had a general reputation for quality products. One hopes that this simply is a case of legal CYA that is not played out in practice. Has anyone experienced problems with Athearn in fixing/replacing defective items?

EO

Date: 08/25/16 21:43
Author: upbuddyboy

Just had Athearn send a new motor to replace a defecive one in a gevo over two years old...was done thru my LHS...no charge and quick service...old motor was sent in and confirmed to be defective.
Brian in Oregon

Date: 08/26/16 00:08
Author: Nomad

Bought an undec Athearn F45 that came with a cab front with a different numberboard style than I wanted.  Quick email to Athearn and the one I wanted was in my mailbox a week or two later.  Count me as satisfied with their service.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0456 seconds