Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Model Railroading > Railway Icons model structure builder delivery issues.

Date: 09/19/16 13:30
Railway Icons model structure builder delivery issues.
Author: osp1729

I paid in advance for an HO scale Deshler Tower model over three years ago with this company.  After the model did not arrive when promised I started to email them.  Every email between them always gave an excuse as to why they were not able to deliver the model.  Every call but one has gone to voice mail and they have never returned my call.  The owner, James Duncan, picked up the phone once and was pleasant, but again stated he would get the model out as he was working through equipment and model issues.  This was probably over a year ago.  Has anyone else had dealings with this company?  Their website has some very interesting models, but based on my experience so far I would highly suggest not doing business with them.  If anyone has another way of contacting them aside from their email and phone number given on the website please let me know.

Shawn

Date: 09/19/16 14:47
Re: Railway Icons model structure builder delivery issues.
Author: grahamline

I can't find a website. Is this business located in Kansas, by any chance?

Date: 09/19/16 16:36
Author: EspeeGoldenState

grahamline Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't find a website. Is this business located
> in Kansas, by any chance?

http://www.railwayicons.us/html/about_us.html
http://www.railwayicons.us/html/ordering_info.html

And not in Kansas, but in Warrensburg, MO.

Chris

Date: 09/20/16 04:40
Author: brfriedm

If u have been in the hobby long enough, u eventually have to deal with a situation like this. It has happened to me also. After the long period of demanding either a finished product or a refund, I filed a complaint against the person with the better business bureau and I also filed a case with the small claims court in that state. Then finally I gave the person a deadline and told him he either refunds me the money or I was coming to get it in person. It was a 10 hour drive for me and I planned to do so. I consider these folks thieves. You may also have a recourse through your credit card company if u paid via that route.

When I told him I was coming to get the money in person, I got a check in the mail a few days later.

Bruce

Date: 09/20/16 04:59
Author: EL-SD45-3632

Deshler Tower - B&O/Wabash???  Nuff said...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/16 05:00 by EL-SD45-3632.

Date: 09/20/16 12:25
Author: pilotblue

This happened to a good friend of mine in Maryland with a custom builder located in Delaware. He went through all of the frustration and broken promises already discussed here. Everything got sorted out properly and in a hurry when the postal inspectors went after this guy for wire fraud.  Good luck!

I think a three draw system would be appropriate in having custom work done. One third in advance, one third halfway through the project when progress is proved via photos or a visit, and then final payment when complete.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/16 12:26 by pilotblue.

Date: 09/20/16 13:12
Author: brfriedm

Good advice on 3 payments. I know the person you reference in DE. I live 15 minutes from him.  :)

Bruce

pilotblue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This happened to a good friend of mine in Maryland
> with a custom builder located in Delaware. He went
> through all of the frustration and broken promises
> already discussed here. Everything got sorted out
> properly and in a hurry when the postal inspectors
> went after this guy for wire fraud.  Good luck!
>
> I think a three draw system would be appropriate
> in having custom work done. One third in advance,
> one third halfway through the project when
> progress is proved via photos or a visit, and then
> final payment when complete.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0874 seconds