Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Model Railroading > ? for freelancers

Date: 10/28/00 23:29
? for freelancers
Author: holycow

Or maybe a question for SP fans. Been tossing around the idea of freelancing an independent year 2000ish SP and Santa Fe. Santa Fe with, of course, the Superfleet/Yellowbonnet colors. For SP though, would a Daylight scheme be appropriate? I'd often hoped they would adopt the colors worn by SD40 7342 and SD45(m) 7399. It would be freelanced so I guess anything would be "appropriate" but thought some input from other modelers might help me along.
Look forward to seeing your views and thanks for your time.
Chris

Date: 10/29/00 17:28
RE: ? for freelancers
Author: UPED

I freelance a little but like to superdetail models of SP, SF, and of course the best RR Union Pacific. My RR is called the Nevada Pacific, it's colors are based on the SP. Steam is painted prototype so all I need to do is paint over the Nevada and decal in the Southern if I ever want to sell the unit. The diesels are anything from black widow to the bloody nose. I just purchased a brass Japanese 2-8-0 (I got a really good deal!!!)so I have an idea that may be turned over to Nevada Pacific.

Date: 10/30/00 05:35
Author: ClinchValley

ProtFreelancing is an excellent choice, IMHO. There is a very good chat list on egroups devoted to the subject. One alternative to modeling a prototype.

Date: 10/30/00 16:01
Author: stivmac

When you freelance, its your call. IF you want to stay prototypish, then maybe the Black Widow scheme would be better suited to freight. An SD90MAC in BW would look pretty neat! I guess you could assume a new management group had taken over and somehow discovered wash racks! In light of the BNSF's complicated scheme, Daylight wouldn't be out of the question but it WAS a passenger scheme originally!

Date: 10/31/00 18:39
Author: Common-Sence

As someone whom lives a couple miles from a former SP mainline, I for
one truely lament the passing of the Sourthen Pacific. If you consider yourself a "protofreelancer" than I would think that a daylight scheme
would be doubtfull. However, if the same question was directed a few
years ago at the then newly formed BNSF I would have also expressed
my doubts about bringing back the Great Northern scheme. Oops. On the
other hand if your a "FREElancer", feel free to bring the daylight back in all its glory. I hadn't really thought about a, SP today what
if question. Very interesting. If you have thought up any thing further please post it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0307 seconds