Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Model Railroading > Russian 2-10-0

Date: 11/01/00 15:24
Russian 2-10-0
Author: ns-conductor

When is Bachmann going to release this engine? Anytime soon?

Date: 11/01/00 16:28
RE: Russian 2-10-0
Author: fmilhaupt

The latest word (from the reps at the Chicago trade show a week or two ago) is that it has slipped back until at LEAST mid-2001. At least it gives more time to sock away the dough for one or two...

They were showing pre-production models of the Shay at the show. I heard they were pretty nice.

-fm

Date: 11/01/00 16:57
Author: Moment

ns-conductor wrote:
>
> When is Bachmann going to release this engine? Anytime soon?

Maybe you should be asking that questions at http://www.bachmannindustries.com hahaha ask The Bach-Mann hehehe I asked the same question about the 3-Truck Shay they have been talking about now for the last year!! hahaha With all the problems they had with the USRA I bet they want to test the new 2-10-0 and Shay tell the wheels fall off befor they start selling them.. hahahaha

Date: 11/02/00 07:03
Bachmann Board
Author: tymbomb

The problem with the Bachmann board is that it seems that most of the posters, except the regular contributors, are from the shallow end of the gene pool. Just a few days ago some jack@ss went off about the new HO shay wondering if it's pushed back and why isn't there any info posted on it, comparing them to MDC, etc. Too bad the guy wasn't enough of a rocket scientist to check the Latest News area (where smart people would think to look for, you guessed it, the latest news). I visit their board regularly just for entertainment. I'll never forget the post from someone asking if Bachmann made trains in the color red so that they would match her dollhouse display! You got to love it. :)

Date: 11/02/00 10:03
Author: e_lauterbach

All indications are that the shay will be shipped either December or January. Small shipments at first. From reports of the Chicago show, the shays were amazing. Some observers even said that they are nice as most brass shay. Comming from John Glaab, an expert on brass, that is quite a complement. One retailer told me that the production of the russian was pushed back to concentrate on the shay. My guess is that they wanted to make sure that at least it was released before the end of the year. As for comparisions to the MDC shay, I don't think you can compare. The Bachmann shay is completely new tooling, while the MDC is nice its from rather old tooling. That being said, I will have both three truck shays on my layout.
Eric

Date: 11/03/00 08:41
Author: tymbomb

Within the last week someone posted a comment on the Bachmann site stating that one of the shays pictured on their site had the lettering misspelled on the tender. The Bach-mann stated that he had notified Headquarters about this. I wonder if this will have any effect on delivery?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.049 seconds