Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Model Railroading > Custom Repair / Paint for Steamers

Date: 11/04/00 11:52
Custom Repair / Paint for Steamers
Author: Flowing

I am looking for a company or individual to custom paint a steam locomotive for my private road, who also can repair the drawbar, which fell right out of the engine when I pulled a bit too hard on it. Can anyone direct me to someone with a reputation for doing a good job on these sorts of things and how to contact them? I have tried B.C. Enterprises but they never answer the phone even during business hours. Thanks for any suggestions.

Date: 11/05/00 07:50
RE: Custom Repair / Paint for Steamers
Author: roadforeman

chech out www,modelrailroader.net Out-Shop Service of Allentown ,Pa. looks like the place you want to send that steamer to.Make sure you check out both the loco and clinic sections of that site.

Date: 11/06/00 10:42
RE: Custom Repair / Paint for Steamers
Author: dcmkris

I've attached a photo of brass steamer we just finished for a customer. This engine came to us not running with almost all pipes breken off and in need of a new paint job nesesitating stripping of the first one. We charged $150.00 for this one. Most paint jobs are between 25-100 dollars quoted before starting and repairs run the cost of parts plus 10-125 instillation it only climbs past 30 when parts must be fabricated from scratch. If you would like more info e-mail me. Let me know what kind of steamer it is and I can get you the cost for repairs.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds