Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Model Railroading > Experience Airbrushing Vallejos Paints ?

Date: 11/28/16 11:08
Experience Airbrushing Vallejos Paints ?
Author: aehouse

I just ordered a small selection of Micro-Mark's Vallejo acrylic paints, specifically the kind marketed as airbrush-ready without thinning.  

Just wondering if anyone has experience using these paints, and if they can truly be used effectively without thinning.  

I'd also like a recommendation for the best pressure setting on the compressor.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Art House

Date: 11/28/16 12:29
Re: Experience Airbrushing Vallejos Paints ?
Author: Parthia27

I thin them using 80% paint to 20% thinner and apply at 12 a15 psi. Multiple thin coats work best. Practice makes sense before you unleash them on your prized models. I always undercoat too to make the top coat adhere better.

Chris

Date: 11/29/16 02:17
Author: Espeekiwi

I sell Vallejo in my store here in Brisbane Australia and have used them myself. They do spray differently to other paints and do require a little learning, as mentioned try on a practice model first. My experience has been they will spray fine out of the bottle (if they are the air versions). You may need to adjust you air pressure, and add a little thinners. The primers are very nice and I have found that they spray great out of the bottle, just make sure the model is clean. Experiment a little. Every setup is different and everyone's results vary. 

Jason

Date: 11/29/16 08:08
Author: aehouse

Thanks1

Art House

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds