Home Open Account Help 204 users online

Model Railroading > four axle units with snowplows

Date: 12/27/00 10:10
four axle units with snowplows
Author: calsubmp0

I was wondering if any csx four axle units were ever equipped with snowplows ?? thanx ed

Date: 12/27/00 10:52
RE: four axle units with snowplows
Author: metallica

Yes.CSX has bunches of four and six axles,both EMD and GE,equipped with snow plows of many different styles.
If you'r planning to model one,any plow offered by the many manufactures would be proto correct.As long as it's not too large.
Most plows used on CSX engines are relitivly a moderate size,unlike the large plows found on western protos.
Do you model CSX,I kinda do but recentally I tore the layout down to model my own short line,Hocking and Muskingum Valley,with a CSX transfer to utilize my CSX power.
Something else you might find interesting,we get all kinds of power in the yard from leased to BNSF,believe it or not.
So this could make modeling possibilities endless!!
Hope this helps and have a safe CSX day!!!

Date: 12/27/00 11:09
Author: ClinchValley

It is a very good idea to check photos. There are lots of great sites all over the net. Seems plows come and go, especially on 4 axle units.

Date: 12/28/00 08:46
RE: absolutly right
Author: metallica

Sorry I left that out,but ALWAYS check prototype photos.
Have a safe CSX day!!!

Date: 12/28/00 11:47
RE: BIG plows
Author: UPHSman

if you like big plows, look at the UP's units from the 1950's through about 1970. They used their "blizzard bib" (a.k.a. "thumbnail" plows) on two RS-2's, two RSC-2's. several GP-9s, and others.

Date: 12/28/00 18:57
Author: FORCEMAJEURE

There are some B-23-7s assigned to the Metro-North river line out of Selkirk that have plows with a yellow edge to show that they're specially modified to clear the M-N third Rail. Tasty
TFM
and crunchy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds