Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido RDC

Date: 01/17/17 18:56
Rapido RDC
Author: BCutter

Received a late Christmas present from Canada today -- the Rapido Amtrak RDC1 I had pre-ordered. I have to leave it in the box until I get the layout re-energized!  But golly gee whiz, what a piece of work!  And then there is the bilingual manual complete with snarky Canadian comments!  I can brush up on my French at the same time!

Bruce
Columbia MO

Date: 01/17/17 19:45
Re: Rapido RDC
Author: GP30M

It is a pretty amazing piece of work, especially the engineering involved.

Date: 01/18/17 11:53
Author: march_hare

My PC unit hasn't showed up yet

<< Cue the instrumental background from Dire Straits' "I Want My MTV" >>

I want my
I want my
I want my RDC

Date: 01/18/17 16:48
Author: BostonMaine

Question, what kind of 21 pin decorder can used in the DC version to convert to DCC besides the one recommended and how do you get the body to get at the plug? The booklet is not helpful in that area. 
Thanks

Date: 01/18/17 19:18
Author: PHall

BostonMaine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Question, what kind of 21 pin decorder can used in
> the DC version to convert to DCC besides the one
> recommended and how do you get the body to get at
> the plug? The booklet is not helpful in that
> area. 
> Thanks

Contact Rapido, they have your answers.

Date: 01/21/17 10:23
Author: fbe

US manufacturers are now making 21 pin decoders though they generally only have connections through 9 of the 21 pins. These seem to be referred to as NMRA 21 pin standards. You lose lots of access to lights and functions on the model mother board. It is best to use decoders with the 21 pin NERM standard with all 21 pin connections allowed. The ESU Lok Pilot decoders meet these requirements and are affordable.

TCS has a 21 pin 9 connection and they also offer conversion wiring harnesses which allow one to plug in a 9 pin decoder to one end with a 21 pin socket for the mother board on the other end if you want to standardize your decoder brand and functions.

For non sound the ESU Lok Pilot is your best option. Rapido may have one already programmed for the lighting functions built into their models. That will be a time saver.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0418 seconds