Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Model Railroading > Terry McGrath SWLS passed away Jan 18, 2017

Date: 01/18/17 08:33
Terry McGrath SWLS passed away Jan 18, 2017
Author: tomstp

Live steamers all over the world will recognize Terry's name.  He and two others, formed the Southwestern Live Steamers in the early 1970's to promote the hobby of live steam.  They started with Terry's 3 acres at Annetta Tx with only 300 ft of 7.5" gauge  1.5" scale track, becoming the first track in Texas. It now is over 13 acres.  From that humble beginning the SWLS has grown to over 200 members, and over 9 tracks (some now gone) and many steam locomotives and later many diesels and cars. Terry welcomed any and all who had any interest in live steam or large trains.

Terry was easy to like with a great personality .  If you liked trains, you were his friend.  Terry was my friend, just about the best compliment anyone can make of another.  Saying how much we will all  will miss him is just somehow inadequate.  Rest in peace my friend.

Please make a contribution to cancer research.

Tom Stamey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/17 15:24 by tomstp.

Date: 01/18/17 14:19
Re: Terry McGrath SWLS passed away Jan 18, 2017
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Not only was he a friend, he brought like minded people together to befriend one another.

That is Terry on the far right, red cap.
TomSTP next to Terry.,
Me two to the left of TomSTP in back with blue shirt and shades.

He will be missed, and that is an understatement.

Enjoy life, it can slip away at a moments notice.

Date: 01/18/17 15:23
Re: Terry McGrath SWLS passed away Jan 18, 2017
Author: tomstp

That photo was made when we connected tha last rail joiner on the completed track expansion and share some champagne!..  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds