Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Model Railroading > Old Tyco, AHM, Varney, Lionel HO Part II

Date: 01/19/17 18:31
Old Tyco, AHM, Varney, Lionel HO Part II
Author: miralomarail

Today, after doing more sorting of the Trains my Neighbor is unloading from a shed, I took some time and thanks to the comments, I started to set aside Varney Stock Cars and other Varney freight cars, and I took some time to see what If any I could get of the Locomotives to run.

Some of the Tvco engines, after having their wheels cleaned after about 30 years ran like Champs  , and the Same for AHM and and a Old Athearn F Unit, with the old Rubber Band drive.  Most of the Bachman Bros stuff refused to move as did many of the Tyco engines, I also didn't have any luck with 2 old Athearn Hustler units........yet

Date: 01/20/17 08:29
Re: Old Tyco, AHM, Varney, Lionel HO Part II
Author: BAB

Brings back memories of my younger days but not quite old enough on some. Oh yes the Hustler and they had a geared motor to slow it down but still retained the rubber band drive might even still have it somewhere along with my Ulrich gondola that I got in 57 as a Christmas present and is built.

Date: 01/20/17 11:25
Author: BlackWidow

Try to put a decoder and sound in one of those!

Date: 01/20/17 11:47
Author: pullmanboss

BlackWidow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try to put a decoder and sound in one of those!

Don't need to install sound - the motor and gear noise from those old models would drown out any sound unit....

Tom M., who 's lived through the era when those models were top of the line

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/17 11:48 by pullmanboss.

Date: 01/25/17 16:52
Author: Castle_Romeo

Didn't know Johnson Wax owned a Sharknose, LOL!!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0455 seconds