Home Open Account Help 237 users online

Model Railroading > problems running walthers proto with Genisis together dcc

Date: 01/21/17 04:23
problems running walthers proto with Genisis together dcc
Author: kbehling

I have trouble (sluggish no start) with my genisis SDP45 with digitrax encoder when I have a walthers proto F7 with digtrax encoder also on the tracks.
Anybody know what is going on?
Thanks
Kenny

Date: 01/22/17 06:20
Re: problems running walthers proto with Genisis together dcc
Author: fbe

You can surmise from the lack of responses this is not a common problem. So tell us more. Do the units run well when they are the only units on the rail? When the two units you mentioned are on the rail are they both sluggish or just the SDP45? Is the SDP45 sloggish with any other units? Are we talking DCC or DC operation?

Date: 01/22/17 08:41
Author: BAB

Would think DCC since it mentions decoder types in the message.  I agree take one of and see how the other reacts beyond that am puzzled about some of the things DCC does and then suddenly works great. Have found that if the rail is shorted, somehow a chunk of metal apeared from no where across the rais one night. Nothing would move but they all had sound. Turned the power off and then back on it reset all the decoders and all was good again. First time it had ever done that as I have items that crawl onto the track and short it out.
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can surmise from the lack of responses this is
> not a common problem. So tell us more. Do the
> units run well when they are the only units on the
> rail? When the two units you mentioned are on the
> rail are they both sluggish or just the SDP45? Is
> the SDP45 sloggish with any other units? Are we
> talking DCC or DC operation?

Date: 01/22/17 10:39

Don't assume DCC operation. I know of layouts running DCC equipped locos from DC powerpacks.

Those lighting circuits for constant directional lighting may require an 8-10 volt starting voltage to make the locomotive. Some factory sound decoders are much more DC friendly than others. Some older powerpacks just don't have the amps to move multiple DCC equipped locos.

Date: 01/25/17 21:18

Kenny,

You have been pretty quiet. How are the locomotives running? Are you going to need more help or are things ready to go?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds