Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Model Railroading > The 2017 Penn Central - Old Friends Re-Appear

Date: 02/13/17 05:32
The 2017 Penn Central - Old Friends Re-Appear
Author: navarch2

As more and more track is laid, I am taking more rolling stock out of storage.....hardly seems to be all of 3 years since I started the new layout and moved everything out of my office to the new house...

Early on I decided to paint some modern rolling stock for this "new" PC...and here are a few of them....I am pretty sure these are not new to most of you but there are in new surroundings now....

Picture 1 is an "approximation" of an X-61 60 ft boxcar....done from a ConCor Undec 60 ft auto parts boxcar...not exact but close ...

Picture 2 is a more or less "stadard" enclosed autorack for the 2017 PC....

Picture 3 is a PC Auto Max car..."CRLE"  has been co-opted as "Central Rail Leasing"  in my world....allowing me access to many pre-decorated cars to work with...

Sorry about the dearth of new imagery....have been working on an important project for a client...

Bob

Date: 02/13/17 06:47
Re: The 2017 Penn Central - Old Friends Re-Appear
Author: electromac

Wow.....,very nice.

Date: 02/13/17 07:15
Author: King_Coal

Always look forward to your updates!

Date: 02/13/17 07:52
Author: hartrick24

King_Coal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Always look forward to your updates!

Agreed...

Steve 

Date: 02/13/17 10:55
Author: gandydancer4

As a kid I grew up and LOVED the PC in Southwest Ohio so it's near and dear...and I've ALWAYS wanted to model the PC as if had survived the disaster that it was. All I can say is and I can't reinforce this understatement too much...WOW!!!!!!!

Date: 02/13/17 11:04
Author: brfriedm

Looking Good Bob but one comment. It seems like after you lays some tracks, you fill them up quickly and to me it looks like too many cars on the layout.  Don't want to turn your layout into a post merger PC meltdown LOL.  Open tracks are good too.

Bruce

Date: 02/15/17 12:12

Thank you for the fine comments and compliments all :)

Bob

gandydancer4 Wrote:
> As a kid I grew up and LOVED the PC in Southwest
> Ohio so it's near and dear...and I've ALWAYS
> wanted to model the PC as if had survived the
> disaster that it was. All I can say is and I can't
> reinforce this understatement too
> much...WOW!!!!!!!

Date: 02/15/17 12:18

brfriedm Wrote:
> Looking Good Bob but one comment. It seems like
> after you lays some tracks, you fill them up
> quickly and to me it looks like too many cars on
> the layout.  Don't want to turn your layout into
> a post merger PC meltdown LOL.  Open tracks are
> good too.
>
> Bruce

Actually Bruce, that main St Lawrence Yard is only about half full..it looks fuller because the cars are all down on the ladder end which is where thew cars were photograped.... I am building under-layout staging right now...you may be thinking of photos I have taken with the main yard full...and those are the result of  my putting  cars in the yard first and mooving them to destinations by train instead of 0-5-0....I'm on a biz trip today but will shoot a few of how the yard really looks when I get home Friday :)

I have as of today....655 cars on the layout including 330 in the main yard which makes it 55% full :)

...at least for now ....lolol

Bob

:)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0504 seconds