Home Open Account Help 263 users online

Model Railroading > Oro Dam Constructors Decals?

Date: 02/13/17 13:54
Oro Dam Constructors Decals?
Author: railwaybaron

With the news of the Oroville Dam cresting, and the dumping of Rivarossi U25Cs, I've started thinking about the Oro Dam Constructors construction railroad and it gorgeous green and gold diesels. I would like to paint a couple of the Rivarossi units in that scheme.  Does any know if decals were ever issued for these units? Thanks beforehand!

Date: 02/13/17 21:48
Re: Oro Dam Constructors Decals?
Author: arwye

Korea Brass will be offering both an undecorated early version U25C as well as decorated for Oro Dam in their next release. Here is a link to their web site. You can reserve with no cost or deposit. I have both the KBL and Rivarossi models and the KBL is superior.

http://www.korea-brass-usa.com/Zen_KBU/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=194

railwaybaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With the news of the Oroville Dam cresting, and
> the dumping of Rivarossi U25Cs, I've started
> thinking about the Oro Dam Constructors
> construction railroad and it gorgeous green and
> gold diesels. I would like to paint a couple of
> the Rivarossi units in that scheme.  Does any
> know if decals were ever issued for these units?
> Thanks beforehand!

Date: 02/13/17 22:47
Author: railwaybaron

I understand that Korea Brass is defunct. Their posting appears to be dated 9/15.

Date: 02/14/17 09:33
Author: DENNRRA

My father worked on the Oroville Dam project as senior traffic controler ei dispactor for the railroad part I have the art work for the decals as Division Points was going to do the models and that project didn't happen I would be happy to provide you with the Logo for the units just contact me

don

Date: 02/14/17 09:55
Author: arwye

I don't think so, as I received quite a few notifications from them last year about their vacuum and track cleaning apparatus. You could always send them an e-mail or just reserve a model to see if you get a response. KBL U25C's are also being sold on eBay so could be contacted with a question to the seller inquiring about the announced run of phase 1's. 

railwaybaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I understand that Korea Brass is defunct. Their
> posting appears to be dated 9/15.

Date: 02/15/17 14:34
Author: napajohn

I was recently able to acquire a pair of custom painted Oro Dam Constructors Rivarossi U25Cs.  The custom painter made his own Oro Dam Constructors decals on his Alps printer.  They're not perfect but I'm quite pleased with them. 
When I was a teenager, my parents took me to witness the construction of the dam.  Somewhere I have 8mm movies of the car dumper in action.  So I've always had a special interest in that dam.
...John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds