Home Open Account Help 232 users online

Model Railroading > The Wild, Wild West...

Date: 03/11/17 19:37
The Wild, Wild West...
Author: lizzard45

I took the old TYCO ten wheeler, and detailed it for the Utah & Pleasant Valley Railway, naming the locomotive the James E. Talmage. The cars will be named Wayfarer and Wanderer.
I have been a fan of the TV show The Wild, Wild West and thought I needed an HO version of the train James West and Artemis Gordon traveled in.
The baggage car is an MDC/Roundhouse model, and the two coaches are old TYCO cars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/17 19:38 by lizzard45.

Date: 03/12/17 08:31
Re: The Wild, Wild West...
Author: wpdude

Sweet! Great show.

Date: 03/12/17 10:41
Author: superfleet

I also had that Tyco trainset in my youth, I got it when mom and dad set my 4'x8' model railroad outdoors so they could use the table for a garage sale and the sun melted everything.... Drove me over to our local hobby shop and let me pick out something to sooth my tears, and I chose that Tyco set from the offerings at the hobby shop....  Mine is long gone now, but it never looked this good!  Nice work to honor a great TV show from our youth.

Dan

Date: 03/12/17 15:27
Author: Chooch

Yes, that was/is a great show. Would love to see the re-runs back east here.

Jim
Hatboro, PA

Date: 03/12/17 20:54
Author: lizzard45

You can get them on YouTube!
Chooch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, that was/is a great show. Would love to see
> the re-runs back east here.
>
> Jim
> Hatboro, PA

Posted from Android

Date: 03/13/17 07:25
Author: joemvcnj

I bought the DVD set of the entire series a few years ago. Also a book, which includes details about the train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds