Home Open Account Help 192 users online

Model Railroading > ML8. Plymouth from.walthers.

Date: 03/13/17 04:23
ML8. Plymouth from.walthers.
Author: HB90MACH

Has anybody done amodernization to reflect up grading for the ML8? New engine, New lights packages, and such that has been done.to a lot of the.prototypes. I am working on mine to modernize it.

Date: 03/14/17 02:46
Re: ML8. Plymouth from.walthers.
Author: kgmontreal

I was too frightened by the price to buy one.

KG

Date: 03/14/17 09:28
Author: tracktime

HB90MACH, 

Can you enlighten us as to what an upgraded ML8 after "modernization" looks like on the prototype?

A quick google search revealed the same old tired ML8s in the usual old configurations.

Cheers,
Harry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/17 14:14 by tracktime.

Date: 03/14/17 22:29
Author: JDLX

I bought two of them, granted old fashion DC models, and I love them...honestly I would have preferred one of the smaller Plymouths, like the DLC-6, but in my opinion the ML-8 fills a long standing hole in HO scale.  Walthers hit a home run with these...

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 03/15/17 01:43
Author: brfriedm

kgmontreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was too frightened by the price to buy one.
>
> KGDear ?, 

Klein's selling them with built in Soundtraxx DCC decoders with Soundtraxx current keepers for $99.00. How is that frightening?  Sounds actually like a great deal. These are brand newly designed units that i am told run well and are built like tanks.  Please explain your fright LOL? 

Bruce

Date: 03/15/17 03:56
Author: kgmontreal

brfriedm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kgmontreal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was too frightened by the price to buy one.
> >
> > KGDear ?, 
>
> Klein's selling them with built in Soundtraxx DCC
> decoders with Soundtraxx current keepers for
> $99.00. How is that frightening?  Sounds actually
> like a great deal. These are brand newly designed
> units that i am told run well and are built like
> tanks.  Please explain your fright LOL? 
>
> Bruce

Hadn't seen them at that price. 

KG

Date: 03/15/17 15:53
Author: HB90MACH

The Kliens deal is what got me to take it off the someday when the time comes for that area of the layout list.

As for modernized modifications. Headlights have been added. A lot that I have seen had older steam loco lights. obviously mods made in the 50's and 60's. Multiple exhaust stack types. The bell moved to different places. Air horns, again from scrapped diesels. Sand dome removed and filler caps added or entire sand boxes added to the sides or back. Also bumpouts in the cowling for bigger compressors. A lot of changes to make them interesting to do on a model but yet simple. Of course any new engines installed in the past few years also means a DEF tank.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds