Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Model Railroading > Tsunami2 lighting control question

Date: 03/31/17 07:52
Tsunami2 lighting control question
Author: Chestnut

Ok, I have a Tsunami2 TSU-2200 sound decoder installed in one of my brass Overland GE engines. I added porch, step, ground, and numbe board lights using the green FX3 wire CV51. I'm trying to dim the lights. I'm using Micro SMD LEDs with resisters. I tried dimming the lights using the online Soundtraxx Tsunami2 manual by adding a value of 18,19 to CV51 which dimmed the lights somewhat. Is there another function to dim the lights more? I did read the Adjusting registers 1 and 2 allowing you to adjust the brightness 0-255. This is where I'm stuck. Any help much appreciated!
Matt

Date: 03/31/17 10:10
Re: Tsunami2 lighting control question
Author: WP282

Dimming LEDs it's tricky. Because they are AC, dimming involves flashing them on and off at a very high rate to simulate the dimming of a DC bulb. Below a certain threshold, the LED simply turns off completely. My guess is that there are only a couple of settings on the decoder to simulate dimming a bulb. Contact Soundtrax, they have very good customer service.

Mike

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/31/17 10:17
Author: Chestnut

Ok will do. they work as is for now so I'm happy for that.
Matt

Date: 03/31/17 10:27
Author: brfriedm

Join the Soundtraxx Yahoo group and ask there. You will get fast and better answers then u will get from Soundtraxx directly.

Bruce

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/soundtraxx/info

Chestnut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok will do. they work as is for now so I'm happy
> for that.
> Matt

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds