Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Model Railroading > NH RR, would the NH do this

Date: 04/13/17 08:58
NH RR, would the NH do this
Author: calsubd

I'm starting to upgrade my New Haven eqpt, and thought of this , "Would the New Haven at one time have mu'd a PB1 to a C425 for freight service ?", I think in later years yes but maybe someone out there would know for sure, TIA

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 04/13/17 10:02
Re: NH RR, would the NH do this
Author: CPR_4000

New Haven didn't have any PB's, although they did have FB-1's and FB-2's, which could be m.u.'ed with the newer roadswitchers after they were rebuilt at Alco in the late 50's and early 60's. That said, I'm not sure that they ran with the C425's or U boats very often. I did find a photo online showing an FA1 leading a GP9. Recalling what I've seen in print, NH seemed to run the U25's and C425's together, the H16-44's, RS11's, and GP9's together, and the FA/B1/2's and the RS3's together, rarely mixing between those groups.

Here is a great set of NH photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alcomike/albums/72157631664600097

Also, most of the rebuilt FA/B's got the Alpert paint scheme (black top and orange bottom) with a couple getting the full McGinnis scheme (you'll see some in that link above). So the earlier warm orange with silver stripes and the Hunter green scheme would not have run with the newer power.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/17 14:08 by CPR_4000.

Date: 04/13/17 12:13
Author: calsubd

Thanks for the link and your input, Thats 1 treasure trove of pics !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 04/14/17 19:45
Author: kpcmcpkva

Your treasure trove has a very rare photo of an FM CPA 24-5 in frieght service leading a PA-1, which were much more common in freight service.

​THANK-YOU  THANK-YOU

kpm

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds