Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Model Railroading > New Stuff from Walthers Cornerstone

Date: 04/13/17 10:49
New Stuff from Walthers Cornerstone
Author: funnelfan

This was pointed out in another thread, but Walthers has a bunch of neat new stuff coming in their Cornerstone line. What has me most excited is the electrical gear kit. That's a whole lot of electrical and gas meter detail for just $15. You could detail a whole city.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 04/13/17 10:50
Re: New Stuff from Walthers Cornerstone
Author: funnelfan

They are also introducing these modern customizable concrete tilt-up warehouses.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 04/13/17 13:09
Author: bnsfbuff

These are good looking detail sets for the money. A long time coming...

John Parker
Longmont, CO
BNSF Fall River Division

Date: 04/13/17 14:15
Author: Fizzboy7

I'm loving the modern buildings!    These types of things have been overlooked since forever!     Lots and lots of modern locos and freight cars, but when it comes to structures, it's like everyone must be building structures used 30-50 years ago.

Date: 04/13/17 15:21
Author: ChrisCampi

Fizzboy7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm loving the modern buildings!    These types
> of things have been overlooked since forever!  
>   Lots and lots of modern locos and freight cars,
> but when it comes to structures, it's like
> everyone must be building structures used 30-50
> years ago.

Exactly this! These buildings will come in handy very soon for me. Look great for kit bashing and parts raiding
for scratch building.

Chris

Date: 04/13/17 16:06
Author: icancmp193

And while not new, the building rooftop detail set with vents, stacks, air conditioners, etc. is also an incredible value. 37 pieces for $6.98 SRP. Currently on sale for $5.98.

Tom Y

Date: 04/13/17 16:56
Author: tracktime

The modern gas and electric meters are much needed for sure!  All great stuff in this new release.

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 04/13/17 17:56
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Lots to like there but all modern buildings have a Siamese or Storz FDC ( fire dept connection)
on an outside wall, usually facing the street side.  They should have included on of these also.

Date: 04/13/17 18:56
Author: tracktime

WrongWayMurphy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lots to like there but all modern buildings have a
> Siamese or Storz FDC ( fire dept connection)
> on an outside wall, usually facing the street
> side.  They should have included on of these
> also.

Yes indeed!   doh! 

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 04/13/17 22:02
Author: BN7149

Lots of cool stuff there. The outside security light is a huge win.

-Ryan

Date: 04/14/17 15:56
Author: Fizzboy7

They just announced another few bags of industrial accessories today.   Modern tools, ladders, fire extinguishers, hydrants, fire cabinets, doors, saws, shelving, walkways, cabinets, lockers, etc.  Also some modern accessories of dollies, crates, sacks, machinery, barrels, and more.   I have a feeling a lot of these recent accessories are former Busch items, Walthers is now packaging for themselves.   Only drawback is these bags don't have images on them, so custumers just see a back of plastic pieces with some wordage.  Not the greatest "grab your attention" method.

I don't have a layout yet, but I'm ordering all these modern things so I'm ready to go sometime next year.

Date: 04/16/17 14:01
Author: drolsen

The new product that I'm most excited about was kind of easy to miss in their flyer. They are finally releasing a set of truck and railroad loading dock doors that can be used to detail scratchbuilt warehouses and factories:

https://www.walthers.com/truck-and-railroad-dock-doors-kit

I've been asking them to offer these doors separately for a couple years so I can build a few industries along the line I model. Bud's Trucking and a couple other structures are great places to start, but I want to model a couple prototype buildings more closely, and these are just what I've been waiting for. I'm really glad that Walthers listened to their customers on this one!

I thought this detail set was kind of funny - maybe aimed at "modelers" who don't know that Evergreen makes styrene rod that can be painted yellow:

https://www.walthers.com/safety-and-security-posts-20-pack

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0986 seconds