Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Model Railroading > EPTC Meet

Date: 05/22/17 07:25
EPTC Meet
Author: birdman

The East Penn Traction Club of Philadelphia held it's biannual national trolley meet this past weekend. More than 500 people were in attendance from all over the world. I was there with my N scale micro layout. At home, this layout usually sits on a shelf over my desk. The railroad is battery powered from 2 or 3 AA batteries depending upon the amps drawn by the small motors in the N scale units. The beautiful N scale LVT Liberty Bell Limited car was custom built and painted by Wolkmar Meier - a German who currently lives in Paris, France. Here it is posed next to my LVT motorman's badge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/17 07:27 by birdman.

Date: 05/22/17 07:25
Re: EPTC Meet

LVT

Date: 05/22/17 09:15
Author: NGotwalt

Birdman, I'll toss in a few more.

Codorus Valley Transit layout.

EPTC HO modules with trolley cars.

Northeast Corridor modular layout with Amtrak/PC action.

Date: 05/22/17 09:25
Author: NGotwalt

A Philadelphia based layout with surface trolleys, sub surface trolleys, and subways.

A bridge module on the O scale modular layout.

Volkmar Meier of France who is doing a lot of neat things with new technologies had samples of his 3D printed N scale Red Devil cars. He also had laser cut traction freight car kits, as well as a laser cut model of the "American Gothic" house as depicted in the painting of the same name. He is laser cutting and 3D printing an HO model of Indianapolis Traction Terminal.

Date: 05/22/17 14:55
Author: Bscale316

Thanks for posting! Couldn't go this year- will try next time.
Bill in Ft Worth

Date: 05/22/17 19:21
Author: ChrisCampi

Pretty cool stuff.

Date: 05/22/17 21:25
Author: railfan400

I really enjoyed the Philly streetcar and subway layout. I am planning a small layout and would like to work in a subway section.

Date: 05/23/17 01:14
Author: atsf121

Wow, that is some amazing work!

Date: 05/24/17 06:23
Author: inCHI

Thanks for sharing these images. I know someone looking to built a CTA layout, but who is new to the hobby (a teenager). I see that some of those layouts have appropriately tight curves and switches. Flextrack allows for the curves, but is there a source for those switches?

Date: 05/24/17 13:26

inCHI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for sharing these images. I know someone
> looking to built a CTA layout, but who is new to
> the hobby (a teenager). I see that some of those
> layouts have appropriately tight curves and
> switches. Flextrack allows for the curves, but is
> there a source for those switches?

You didn't say what scale your young friend is considering. Most of what you see here is hand-laid scratch built track. There are some tight radius turnouts available from Tomix and Kato in N scale. Nothing that I am aware of is commercially available in O scale. I'm not sure about HO scale as I do not model in HO scale. There may be some available. I suggest that you log onto the East Penn Traction Club website at www.eastpenn.org. There are many articles and suggestions about how to model transit in all of the various scales.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1845 seconds