Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Model Railroading > ScaleTrains

Date: 05/23/17 21:00
ScaleTrains
Author: DynamicBrake

I'm looking for opinions regarding the overall quality of ScaleTrains locomotives and rolling stock. How would you rate their attention to detail? How prototypically accurate are they? Thanks in advance.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 05/23/17 22:55
Re: ScaleTrains
Author: DKay

Top rate,take a look at Mr MRL's post down the list a few days ago for a preview and pics.
Regards,DK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/17 22:57 by DKay.

Date: 05/24/17 05:25
Re: ScaleTrains
Author: NSTopHat

I had the opportunity to have the NS ET44AH in my possession for two weeks. Without a motor and it's electronics it is heavier than the BLI ES44AC's and their AC6000CW's. When they arrive, they will weigh just over 1.6 lbs. They are the finest detailed plastic locomotives ever produced.

I also got to spend some time with the upcoming EMD SD40-2's for both Southern and the NS Admiral cabs. They are extremely heavy and too are the finest SD40-2's ever produced in plastic.

I personally own 3 dozen of theRivet Counter series DeepRock Heavy Crude tanks, which are excellent rail cars. The cut bars and air hoses are the slippey plastic and are molded in color, and are designed as press fit flexible parts, to minimize damage in handling and usage.

I also own a Museum Piece Big Blow. It is second to none in detail quality and it runs better than any plastic model ever, including the early Kato GP35's, which for years have been the gold standard of the hobby. The lengths ScaleTrains goes to to create a finished product is beyond compare.

Personally, while I am looking forward to the Airslides which will be here in early June, and the Dash 2's in early July, the ET44AH's have me stoked.

Regards
Russ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds