Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Model Railroading > Available Now! ExactRail releases SP G-100-22 Gondola!

Date: 05/25/17 16:23
Available Now! ExactRail releases SP G-100-22 Gondola!
Author: choochooboy

In 1974, the Southern Pacific received 100-ton, 65' mill gondolas from Thrall Car Manufacturing. The railroad classified these cars as the G-100-22. They were among the first 100-ton, 65' gondolas acquired by the railroad. The G-100-22 is a distinctive car. Like all modern gondolas, the stature of this car gives it presence. Yet, the modern "facade" is betrayed by terminating dreadnaught ends and trucks that are well inset. This car is distinctive--for sure, and that is why we love it. Many of these cars have been pressed into Maintenance of Way service, and they can be found on home rails today.

The Southern Pacific G-100-22 will be offered in the "1974 As Delivered" paint scheme in 9 road numbers. The model is a Platinum Series replica and features:

Wire grab irons, brake rods, brake cylinder lever hangers and tie downs
Metal top chord tie-downs and etched brake step
Kadee #158 Coupler
CNC-machined wheels and axles
Accurate print and colors
Etched brass ACI plate

For more information and to view the gallery of photos, please visit ExactRail.com

Blaine Hadfield
ExactRail

Date: 05/25/17 20:54
Re: Available Now! ExactRail releases SP G-100-22 Gondola!
Author: railwaybaron

Does it come in Rio Grande?

Date: 05/26/17 00:05
Author: rschonfelder

railwaybaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does it come in Rio Grande?

I think this is a "Signature" series car meaning it is a specifically accurate prototype to SP>

Rick

Date: 05/26/17 14:02
Author: Jimmies

$44.99 USD (wow) for this gondola, nice as it probably is, equals out to $60.50 in my Canadian dollars at today's official exchange rate , plus shipping. Gonna pass on this.

Jim

Date: 05/29/17 05:24
Author: spken

Lucky you.
To get them in Australia, i am looking at $100 to $120.00 depending who I purchase from.

spken
Queensland
Australia.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0329 seconds