Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Model Railroading > Spring Creek Model Trains' open house

Date: 07/02/17 19:54
Spring Creek Model Trains' open house
Author: binder001

I was able to attend their show on Saturday, and the turnout was impressive. Railroad geeks came in and about doubled the population of Deshler, NE. Even though I am proud to be a Nebraskan, it's hard to comprehend that little Deshler has become a Mecca for model train guys. The Zucker family have put a lot of hard work into the store and they give excellent customer service. There were multiple clinics, several modular layouts, representatives from Athearn, Intermountain, Rapido, ScaleTrains, and ESU. The team made good use of the available facilities in Deshler. The ladies from the American Legion Auxillary sold food. I thought it was a great time. I want to thank Dave and Deb and their family and friends for doing so much to provide fun and fellowhip this weekend.

Photo 1 = Spring Creek Model Trains store in downtown Deshler, NE
Photo 2 = Dave Zucker with some of the crowd at the store
Photo 3 = a couple notable YouTube providers at the Intermountain booth

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Date: 07/02/17 20:00
Re: Spring Creek Model Trains' open house
Author: binder001

One of the featured speakers was Pele Soeborg who came all the way from Denmark. Ok, he was in the US for a meeting with Kalmbach, but I'm sure that Deshler was his primary destination. Pele did a couple presentations and was very gracious about answering questions. Many model railroaders in the USA know Mr. Soeborg from his articles and videos, but he mentioned that in Denmark he is virtually unknown. A very nice gentleman to meet.

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Date: 07/02/17 20:04
Author: JLW2K

Nice visiting with you Gary. I'm safely back in Omaha.

Date: 07/02/17 20:07
Author: ST214

One of these days, I will head out there for this. I stopped there on my trip to NE in 2015, it really is a great place!

Date: 07/02/17 20:24
Author: jointauthority

It was like a pilgrimage home visiting spring creek lol. Awesome place and awesome people.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds