Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Model Railroading > Adding some details to new Free-mo module

Date: 07/17/17 06:45
Adding some details to new Free-mo module
Author: grandeguy

Hello all,

I have been in the process of building a new 24"X48" single track Free-mo module with a Beer Distributor located on it. So yesterday things slowed up so I could get the mainline ballasted and also install the turnout hardware and a Derail. Waiting for some Arizona Rock and Minerals ballast to do the siding with in a different color. I highly recommend the Arizona Rock and Minerals ballast as it goes down better than crushed up Walnut shells and once glued is rock solid.Not affiliated with Arizona Rock and Minerals just a happy user of their products.

Regards, Dave Dane Mountain States Free-mo

Date: 07/17/17 07:28
Re: Adding some details to new Free-mo module
Author: brfriedm

Nice work Dave.

2 questions, who makes that derail and is that hoop switch stand operational? I know NJT made a hoop switch stand which I have but it is non-operational. Thanks Bruce

Date: 07/17/17 10:17
Author: myoungwisc

Looking good Dave. Are you modeling a specific location?

Martin

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/17/17 10:26
Author: fbe

Black cinder ballast might look nice but it has been so long since Colorado railroads dieselized and the Golden brewery converted to natural gas there is no longer a ready supply of such waste material available.

I always try to build sidings at a lower level below the main track with less ballast and industry flat at ground level with just enough ballast to fill between the ties.

I like all the switch hardware details you have added.

Date: 07/17/17 11:26
Author: grandeguy

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Bruce...............The Derail is a Details West DR-925 and the Hoop Turnout Handle is a static part by Tony Sisson. I just added the Hoop to a Details West Ground throw GT-916.

Martin..............The prototype is loosely based on a Coors Distributor in Roswell New Mexico. Picture attached. My model will be slightly larger.

Alan................ I did install the siding on N Scale cork so it is at a lower elevation than the main. I am modeling a more modern era install so no Dirt Liner siding.

Regards, Dave Dane

Date: 07/17/17 14:32
Author: Lighter

> My model will be
> slightly larger.

Now there is something you don't hear from railroad modelers every day!

Date: 07/17/17 16:35
Author: mearsksealand

AH Roswell New Mexico---you never know what is in that warehouse besides beer---

Dale Smith

Date: 07/18/17 06:51
Author: march_hare

Hmmm, so the little green men landed in Roswell, consumed mass quantities from the BN reefer car, and that's how they ended up in the alien autopsy film?

Date: 07/18/17 21:11
Author: atsf121

Great start, can't wait to see the finished module.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0776 seconds