Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Model Railroading > Red Barns are gone!

Date: 07/20/17 07:41
Red Barns are gone!
Author: nygiant

I waited too long to get one as these are all sold out at modeltrainstuff. That was very fast. Sometimes they can restock.

Date: 07/20/17 09:33
Re: Red Barns are gone!
Author: rschonfelder

Are you sure they even had them in stock yet? I couldn't find any listed under "Bowser". Typically, MBK is the last to get in new stock.

Rick

Date: 07/20/17 10:23
Author: nydepot

They were in stock and although I didn't need any, I watched them sell. Now they are out of stock, all numbers and sound/non-sound.

Date: 07/20/17 10:37
Author: fbe

Try Bowser direct? They also have a retail and internet operation out front. I believe that is called Toy Train Heaven, all one word with a .com.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/17 10:40 by fbe.

Date: 07/20/17 11:58
Author: SPDRGWfan

Yes, it's like that with some products at MBK. Sometimes items sell in a couple hours and if you blinked, it's too late. I saw the red barns come in yesterday (I check MBK daily) and already half were sold out. Nice looking engines but I don't need any.

Cheers, Jim Fitch

Date: 07/20/17 12:59
Author: hartrick24

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, it's like that with some products at MBK.
> Sometimes items sell in a couple hours and if you
> blinked, it's too late. I saw the red barns come
> in yesterday (I check MBK daily) and already half
> were sold out. Nice looking engines but I don't
> need any.
>
> Cheers, Jim Fitch

Jim, a lot of us don't need them. I don't either, I just want them...

Steve

Date: 07/20/17 13:14
Author: march_hare

Did you try Trainworld?

Date: 07/20/17 14:03
Author: PHall

They're in stock at Bowser Direct.

Date: 07/20/17 15:56
Author: JLW2K

MBK is overshopped, plain and simple. Nothing against them they just simply have a lot of attention and not the stock to match it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/17 05:19 by JLW2K.

Date: 07/20/17 18:17
Author: gandydancer4

Don't worry. I'm sure they'll make more.

Date: 07/20/17 23:06
Author: fbe

Toy Train Heaven shows availability of #s 24335, 24340 and 24350.

Date: 07/21/17 04:43
Author: SPDRGWfan

hartrick24 Wrote:
>
> Jim, a lot of us don't need them. I don't either,
> I just want them...
>
>
> Steve

Steve. Those red barns are fantastic looking models for sure. It's hard not to want a couple I agree!

Cheers, Jim

Date: 07/21/17 05:36
Author: rschonfelder

nydepot Wrote:
> They were in stock and although I didn't need any,
> I watched them sell. Now they are out of stock,
> all numbers and sound/non-sound.

Funny but I could not find them when I searched on MBK's website. I looked under SD40-2; nothing. I searched "Barns"; got buildings. They do not usually delete items that sell out quickly so I wonder what I did wrong.

I buy mine from Overland Hobbies because Brian always comes through. There seems to be a loyal following of individuals who do not want to reserve and take their chances on MBK. The reason is that MBK tend to cut their own margin significantly and one can save significantly. The down side is the feeding frenzy when something hits the market and there are good reviews ... [though we never seen bad reviews on a new models]. If there are problems they tend to come out randomly from private postings after a few weeks - the first release of the C636 for example.

Rick

Date: 07/21/17 08:15
Author: Frank30

Didn't Rapido offer this same model recently in their lower level line??
Has that also come and gone, or not been released as yet?
Frank30

Date: 07/21/17 09:17
Author: sarailfan

No, Rapido is bringing out the GE cowl body, the C40-8M. There were 5 different (but visually similar) full cowl units built for Canadian roads in the 1980s and 90s. Bombardier offered the HR616, GE the aforementioned C40-8M, while EMD produced the SD50F, SD60F and SD40-2F.

Posted from Android

Darren Boes
Lethbridge, AB
Southern Alberta Railfan

Date: 07/22/17 17:42
Author: tiltone

nygiant Wrote:
> I waited too long to get one as these are all sold
> out at modeltrainstuff. That was very fast.
> Sometimes they can restock.

Toy Train Heaven has some listed Cheers D.

Date: 07/22/17 20:01
Author: stevenlsilva

try overland hobbies i canceled 4 of them after the problems with bowsers sd40-2 truck hang up problem

Date: 07/23/17 05:48
Author: drolsen

tiltone Wrote:
> Toy Train Heaven has some listed

Ouch, it's understandable that they have to charge full MSRP as Bowser's storefront, but it's shocking to see compared to MBK's sale price. In a way, it's better for me (financially) that Klein's sold out of these so that I won't make an impulse purchase!

On a side note, has anyone ever noticed that Toy Train Heaven's website has "ModelTrainStuff" in the label on some of their pages? Not in the URL, but the title of the page as it appears at the top of the browser (most visible on my iPhone when I switch between browser pages). I mentioned it to MBK a few years ago, and they were going to have their IT guy look into it. It makes me thing that TTH embedded it in their site hoping that search engines will bring up their page when people search for M.B. Klein. The other possibility is that they "borrowed" the source code for MBK's site a while back, but the pages don't look anything alike.

Dave

Date: 07/24/17 08:18
Author: navarch2

nygiant Wrote:
> I waited too long to get one as these are all sold
> out at modeltrainstuff. That was very fast.
> Sometimes they can restock.

I ordered mine through my LHS and they both came in this week....but he sold out of them that same day.....

Someone mentioned truck hang-up issues with Bowser SD40-2's? I own a number of them and have not experienced that and I have run the Red Barns quite a bit over the past few days and have not seen anything. What is the complaint?

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0753 seconds