Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Model Railroading > My next O scale building

Date: 07/25/17 19:04
My next O scale building
Author: rnb3

I've been zeroing in on finishing my next O scale building for a good friends layout. David Stewart has graciously allowed me to design and build an entire town scene on his O scale (2 rail) layout. This building is the warehouse for a fuel dealer in town. My entire plan and progress can be found on David's website for his layout at http://forum.aorailroad.com/t/mount-union-development-commitee/575/19

The interior details are not finished, but the warehouse will be standing in place in the O scale Mt Union, West Virginia next month when the National Narrow Gauge convention tours David's layout in Northern Colorado.

Rick Bacon
Windsor, CO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/17 05:34 by rnb3.

Date: 07/26/17 05:49
Re: My next O scale building
Author: Bscale316

Love this shed, especially when looking inside. Is the JTT corrugated siding flat on the back, like Evergreen siding, or is it "corrugated"
on both sides? I'm asking because I see you used a different product to represent the interior.
Thanks.
Bill in Ft Worth

Date: 07/26/17 06:38

Bill, the JTT is corrugated on both sides, but one side is sharper or better appearing than the other. I imagine it is hot pressed in a form, unlike Evergreen's milling process. I could have cut each piece to scale size and mounted them like the prototype, but I was too far along when the idea hit me and the material cross section is too thick. It also proved less work to make each wall a solid piece. For what its worth, I built all of the walls by laminating the JTT siding onto Evergreen plain sheet. This makes for a more sturdy structure and is the reason for the different material (Clever Models photo print) on the inside.

Rick Bacon
Windsor, CO

Date: 07/26/17 07:43
Author: Bscale316

Thanks so much. I want to do a car barn with corrugated showing on both sides, with wood framing like yours.
I'll get some JTT material and see if the poorer side will suffice for the interior.
Your shed is inspiring!
Bill in Ft Worth

Date: 07/26/17 07:51
Author: Betsy

That is just all kinds of fine!

Elizabeth

Date: 07/26/17 08:25

Thanks Bill and Liz!

FWIW Bill, one side of my shed has the wrong side of the siding facing out. Its not much of a difference, and I only noticed it when I was using a template made from the same product to out line the individual panels! There is a slight difference in the depth of the corrugations. It is so close and since it will be a side not "up front" and will ultimately be mostly covered in Kudzu, I didn't fix it.

Rick Bacon
Windsor, CO

Date: 07/26/17 10:25
Author: grandeguy

Nice work Rick.

Regards, Dave Dane

Date: 07/26/17 17:24
Author: dgraves

That looks fantastic

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds